Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just a fancy badge. I have been from time to time when I get in a downsize mode. Then it disappears again.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some benifits on fees and you will get better placement in search results. Though you have to follow the guidelines to keep it as far as things like shipping feedback ect ect ect

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I'm still a top rated seller and guess I always will be. Just looked it up & it's based on transaction defect rate, late shipment rate, cases closed without resolution, tracking uploaded on time, & sales volume. I don't meet the sales volume criteria. Looks like the main benefit is 15% off fees as opposed to TRS 10% off. Interestingly, feedback is pretty much irrelevant as it no longer counts towards seller ratings....although if you have negative feedback you probably also have low ratings in the criteria that count.

shadow10g

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2013
Southern WV
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From a buyers perspective, It just means that if you rip me off you're more likely to get away with it or just not care. I would rather deal with sellers that have only a few dozen or even a few hundred feedbacks. They can be damaged by just 2 or 3 negatives and are much more likely to do whatever they need to hold up their end. Powersellers with tens or hundreds of thousand feedbacks couldn't care less about a few bad ones.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree. Some of the ones with 5,000 plus sales I have bought from have been great. I have a couple thousand sales...I have been on Ebay over 20 YEARS. So you have to be careful with statements like that. Plus, you might lose acquiring some nice stuff. I use my Ebay to dump stuff I don't want anymore. I don't have a business. I may have one later this year for selling detectors, but that will depend on logistics and a lot of other stuff.

OP
OP
Diver_Down

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I disagree. Some of the ones with 5,000 plus sales I have bought from have been great. I have a couple thousand sales...I have been on Ebay over 20 YEARS. So you have to be careful with statements like that. Plus, you might lose acquiring some nice stuff. I use my Ebay to dump stuff I don't want anymore. I don't have a business. I may have one later this year for selling detectors, but that will depend on logistics and a lot of other stuff.

Feedback is a sham in general. Been selling for 20 years and I have less than 500 feedback. Many people don't bother leaving feedback regardless of eBay "reminding" them. I was just upgraded again in my selling status. I don't have a business. It is stuff that I sell that I have collected. But January, I have over $2000 in sales and that is what triggered the boost in ratings.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have sold hundreds of items but have just over 70 something in feedback. Most of the time you almost have to beg people to leave feedback and I don't come across as a beggar.....:laughing7:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Feedback is somewhat irrelevant. Negatives don't count against the seller and many buyers don't even look at feedback before making a purchasing decision.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread