boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh, forgot about model T coils. My grandfather used to wind thin transformer wire around the outhouse seat. He caught my grandmother with this rig! I think that was the worst mistake he made ever!

You gotta marvel at how pranks carry on through the generations! My dad did the same gag several times. Then along comes the Boogeyman and I did the same. BEWARE don't use this trick in small apartment bathrooms! Wired up the toilet & waited for the ex to get good & comfy. Hit the switch and after the blood curdling scream, went in to find the ex laying in the tub.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pieces of fur should be in EVERY pranksters tool kit. Had a plant supervisor that thought she was gods gift to men. Took a piece of brown fur from the collar of an old coat tied it to an old automatic fly fishing reel. Layed it out so it would run along some warehouse shelves. When miss hot stuff came walking down the isle, I just pointed at the piece of fur & squeezed the reel. Wow! Didn't know that woman was so talented. All in one motion, she snatched the bottom of her dress closed, jumped straight up on a work table & did the equivalent of the Mexican hat dance. All this in heels!!!

A couple weeks later, she used to lean back in her desk chair so the guys could get a view. I unscrewed the screws that held the seat of the chair to the base just enough to pull out easily. She sat down leaned back and went head over heels dress over her head. Yup! everyone got a show! Funniest part was the big boss saw the whole thing. Next thing you know, we ALL got shiny brand new chairs "for safety".

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really wish I'd come up with this one, credit to my neighbor! The neighbor between us was a real putz. The other neighbor bought some of those punch balls. We took turns putting them down putzes sewer pipe, blow them up with the compressor and pull the pin out, replace the cap. Putz had the roto rooter guy out three times and a plumber too. When the rooter popped the ball the backed up stuff would push it down to the main line. Icing on the cake? The plumber sold putz on replacing his whole sewer line. Couldn't keep a straight face around the guy for months!

The other thing I used to do to him was put a small piece of metal shaving on the tip of a key & push it into the keyway of his front door. This left the key off just enough the tumblers wouldn't line up. He'd have to walk through two gates and go in the backdoor. He'd show up asking me to fix his lock, and of course I was busy for the next two or three days. Got a putz for a neighbor? Like I always say "Ya just gotta have fun with it!"

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One for the office folk. Copy machine toner!!!! Dry this stuff is OK. Add a little water & it doesn't. Take some toner and wipe it on the seat & back of someones office chair. Yup! you guessed it! When they sit down it doesn't do anything until the person starts sweating. Amazing how many co-workers won't say a thing!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as kids when we went camping my counsins and i would wait till it was dark and most people were in bed. Then we would take the pull string fire crackers and rig all the out house stall doors with them. Keep in mind these outhouses had no lights..... I still wonder how many people wet themselves in the middle of the night. After school My brothers friends and i would pick up the back end of his car and turn it sideways between two other cars. If we were lucky it was between two teachers cars and it resulted sometimes in a long wait to go home. Personal favorite is when your waiting to turn left at a light in your car and someone in on coming traffic guns it so you cant turn, wait for the on coming traffic to meet eyes with you and frantically lean sideways while sliding you hands across the wheel like your trying to make the turn. Almost had a few crashes with that one.

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Oh Geez. Don't want to play cards with some of you guys n girls !
I suppose I come from a lineage of pranksters also.
Grandpa and his brother were forever pranking each other . One such prank involved bolting a long leather machine belt to uncles truck chassis........draped over the tire allowed him to back out of parallel parking space onto a busy los angles two lane road.
But moving FORWARD stopped the old 4 cylinder Chevy pick up in its tracks !

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, great thread.....

One I'll never do again, not long after I got married, my wife went out with some friends. Knowing she'd be in late, want to shower but not want to wake me up (back when she was still sweet)... I put pillows under the sheets/blankets making it look like I was under there sleeping. I was hiding in the shower, so when she came in, she wasn't expecting the old rip the curtains open treatment. :laughing9:

Lets just say that did not end well for me and I spent the rest of the night on the couch.

Another good one I can think of off the top of my head.... One of my surfing buddies was a ladies man.... always quite the player, never held down too long by one girl.... well he finally met one he liked a lot and I knew they were going on a date this particular day we'd been surfing... being a beach going stay at home dad with a young daughter, I happened to have a very small size pair of Snow White panties in my truck. I stuffed them down by the passengers seat through the window.... perfect, I knew "K" would find them but I didn't hear from him. Few days go by and he calls from the upstate... well it seems his mom was good buddies with the Toyota dealer and they were trading his vehicle that weekend, so they cleaned it out together.... Wish I could have been there to see the look on his face when his dear sweet 70 year old mother asked him what the :censored: those panties were doing in his vehicle... Of course he knew it was me and she'd met me before so it wasn't hard to shift the blame where it belonged...

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a 1 A.M. phone call to our dorm room when I was in college. We were told to open our door and looks outside. When we opened the door, a wastebasket filled with water was leaning against the door and the tidal wave flooded our room. Our freshman neighbors next door were laughing hysterically. We did get even. We pennied them into their room. We took four stacks of pennies (about six pennies in a stack) and hammered them in the gap between the door and the metal door frame by pushing against the door. This caused the door's deadbolt to press against the metal door frame. There was no way they could unlock their door.

About 7 A.M. we hear them trying to open the door but no luck. Missed their 8 A.M. classes and had to yell out their window to find someone to remove the stacks of pennies. No problems with them for the rest of the year!

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I tried for the longest to find an air horn that was made to look like a can of air freshener as I was the manager of an A/C supply house and thought it would be great to put in the store bathroom.

I'm retired now but if anyone finds a company that makes these I'd still like to get one for our bathroom guests.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When we were bored as kids, we'd head to taco bell and grab a handful of the hot sauce packets then head on over to the Dennys. We'd go in the bathroom and place a folded hot sauce packet under the spacers of the toilet seats. You could tell who sat on which seat when they walked out. Another fun one for restaurants id to bring a cresent wrench & screw driver in your brief case or satchel. Go to the urinal and loosen the nut on the sloan valve 3 or 4 turns and turn the screw all the way out. The next guy that uses it will come out literally drenched from head to toe.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Office pranks ya gotta love em!! Pick a victim and apply a liberal coat of hand lotion to the ear cup of their phone. Now go to your cubical and dial their extension. A little lard (axel grease stains clothes) applied to the bottom of the lap drawer of a desk is good for funny expressions.

On a fishing trip in So Cal we were having 0.0% luck. We decided to cruise down to San Onofre to fish the outlet. One of the guys had been eating some tablets his Dr. dad had given him. They were for some test. Well, he stands up on the stern starts peeing this reddish blue color. He starts screaming about being contaminated with the radiation from the nuke plant. One of the guys was so drunk he starts freaking out and crying! He didn't calm down until we got back to Long Beach.

Fishing on the pier. Found a pretty realistic looking newborn baby doll. I'd catch sharks frequently (back in the day) and stuff the doll down it's mouth and wait.... When the squeamish looking tourists were coming, I'd jam my arm down the sharks mouth. They'd freak out and I'd tell them I was trying to get my hook back! Then pull the doll out. Can't count how many cheese burgers I saw going over the side of the pier. Yes you can stick your arm down a sharks mouth. First cut through the spine a even with the gills, and cut through the lower jaw can't kick can't close the mouth with any pressure. Anyone got any good tourist pranks?

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We also played pranks on the local black bears by electrifying our bird feeder.... they aren't amused. Neither was my mother after my dad jokingly told her "the feeders finished, why don't you go test it out." Did I mention we used a nice strong cattle/horse grade unit to make sure the bear felt it? Poor mom was in flip flops in soaking wet grass when she went to test the pulley system and accidentally touched the fencing, which Dad left on..... Dad was in the dog house for sure on that one.

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fishing pier.... when tourists catch a Horseshoe Crab, they have no idea what to do or what it is. If you've ever seen the underside of a live one, it's pretty scary looking. I help get it out the net, then get the hook out. By this time there is always a crowd, always.

When picking it up, I'll put my hand close to the legs and all of a sudden start screaming for help and shaking like it's eating me. People always run, no one ever tries to help....:laughing7:

Another harmless one when eating out that my kids love me to do.... you can tell the sense of humor of your server, some are more fun than others,,,, well when they fill your water, wait till they are holding the cup up the air, near your face kind of, when the ice falls out the pitcher into your cup, jump, grab your eye and start moaning. Timing is crucial but works just about every time...

Not too long ago while at a tennis match I was fidgeting with some cut pieces of black nylon rope. After unravelling it, I realized it looked like a mound of pubic hair. So next day at work, (we have a young tough buck who isn't as tough as he thinks he is), I come out of one of the womens restrooms with a fresh pair of nitrile gloves on, and that mound of brillo pad in my hand saying, "my gosh look at this, look at what I found on the floor in there", then just smashed it in his face.... I was laughing so hard while running laps around the truck with him chasing me, I had to beg him not to punch me when he finally caught me :violent1: .

Recently pulled a lifeguard training doll out the dumpster, looks like about a 6 year old... some red and black sharpies made it really freaky.... I call him Dusty.... Dusty is going to get some folks here soon.

Jun 26, 2017
Atlantic city
Detector(s) used
None, looking and asking questions before buying
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep getting calls from telemarketers like 20 times a day, and it has become very annoying so I decided to fight back with creepy comedy.
One lady called me and I answered in a really gay voice and said hello. She asked me if I bought pain cream and went into the conversation
of how well it worked and how much it cost and all that. After she was done in the same gay voice I said may I ask a question, she said sure
then i said does the cream cure anul itch. The next five min of silence was priceless and severely creepy.

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
40 years ago My 8 track was stolen from my car so I took my home unit, installed hobby rocket fuses in it attached the the "cartridge in" switch. Then I put in 4 m80's to the fuses. Stuck it in my front car seat & left the window down some. next morning it was gone.........sad thing is i didnt get to see what happened?

I owned a pinball/arcade repair shop for a long time. I carried home video games to help pay the emplyees. The same 2 kids came every day, never bought anything & then just leave. Then I noticed genesis cartridges were missing from their boxes. So I took a sega nba jam apart, shorted the 5v. to ground & laid it on the counter. sure enough they took it. never saw them again!

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
About 15 years ago, I did a roof tear off for a friend of mine. He had a few squirrels that entered his attic of the old house he had through an opening in the eaves. A few of them were running rampid at night, keeping him awake at night. He was a white collared guy who " had a heart" for those little guys, and had 4 Havaheart traps set up in his yard, and asked that at the end of the days that I was working at his place, that I would take the traps home with me and turn then loose at my place ( he lived in the city and I lived in the country). So being the jokester that I am, I released the trapped squirrels that he had at his place, took the traps home with me and brought back 4 more squirrels the next day for the next 3-4 days, and turned them loose in the mornings at his place.
A few days later, on a weekend (his day off from work), I rang his doorbell later in the morning, and he answered with the most bloodshed eyes and tired face I've ever seen. He said he doesn't know what the hell is going on in his attic, but it sounds like there's 50 squirrels running around up there!
Never did fess up to my doing.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was building high rise towers in Vegas about 10 years ago. I had a remote control fart machine that I would plant next to one of the port a potties they had on every floor that was near the man lift elevator. The potties had no tops on them, and you can see the feet and lower legs of anyone who was sitting in it.
There was always someone using it in the morning, and I would get there a little early and hide behind a column and hit the fart switch when the elevator full of guys came up. The laughter was always deafening. There was about 10 different flatulent sounds on it, and I would pre set it to the long wet ones.
That thing was the best $15.00 I've ever spent in my life back then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions