Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Chase7628

Mar 6, 2018
CICERO NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Cicero and am an avid dirt fisherman...I would love to explore the hobby further and get into searching water...let me know if you ever need help.

OP
OP
coin_diver

coin_diver

Oct 3, 2003
Syracuse, ny
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, xl500 (27 yrs) XLT (17 yrs)
Primary Interest:
I live in Cicero and am an avid dirt fisherman...I would love to explore the hobby further and get into searching water...let me know if you ever need help.
Hi Chase,
I enjoy sharing sites and techniques with others, been at this a long time. In the dirt I really enjoy colonial sites and research, groves, etc. I’ve been doing old state sites for 35 years and now the new tech certainly helps open up old sites.
I do some wading but prefer scuba and hookah diving old swim sites as it keeps people from interrupting my work. Getting an inflatable set up to access areas not possible from land. Currently looking for an old robbery from the 70’s dumped in a lake. I travel all over the state for land sites too so if if are interested in expanding your hobby lmk.

DanMcG

Dec 29, 2022
Central NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett 300
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never tried water hunting but I'm in Cicero also, I'd love to hear of some of your hunted sites sometime Coin-diver!

Chase7628

Mar 6, 2018
CICERO NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know I am definitely interested...I am actually searching for a cache of $$ and valuables possibly linked to the Bonaparte family in the Adirondacks and a few other historical caches....

OP
OP
coin_diver

coin_diver

Oct 3, 2003
Syracuse, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Let me know I am definitely interested...I am actually searching for a cache of $$ and valuables possibly linked to the Bonaparte family in the Adirondacks and a few other historical caches....
Hi Chase,
oh yes, I know the N Country well and have spent days trekking thru these same early trails. So many good place just overlooked.
I remember the first time I hunted Pulpit Rock and couldn’t believe that no one had bothered to try it out, but way good… Problem is that it takes such a commitment to research and track down sites most give up. Remember, ,if there’s a story, rumor or passage in a forgotten diary then it’s up to us to close the chapter up or down.

OP
OP
coin_diver

coin_diver

Oct 3, 2003
Syracuse, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I never tried water hunting but I'm in Cicero also, I'd love to hear of some of your hunted sites sometime Coin-diver!
Oh my the stories I have indeed. We usually had to devise new methods for every site either access, or processing and recovery. One fun story was using a 6” gold dredge in a state park, going down 15’ into the bottom and stripping back years at a time. we filled 3 lg coffee cans with silver halves and 90+ pieces of gold jewelry.
Oh and another story about looking beyond the current state of a site whereby all current hunters search inside the lines, we focused on areas beyond. Remember, swim areas never used those stupid boundaries. Deep muck and zero vis were just the price we paid for virgin ground but aside from numerous gold rings I recovered a 2.25oz gold 22k bracelet. And yet, there’s so much more to go after, not sure why more hunters don’t swim!

Last edited:

Chase7628

Mar 6, 2018
CICERO NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Chase,
oh yes, I know the N Country well and have spent days trekking thru these same early trails. So many good place just overlooked.
I remember the first time I hunted Pulpit Rock and couldn’t believe that no one had bothered to try it out, but way good… Problem is that it takes such a commitment to research and track down sites most give up. Remember, ,if there’s a story, rumor or passage in a forgotten diary then it’s up to us to close the chapter up or down.
Well if you ever need help let me know, I would be down for helping with whatever! I am always up for a good hunt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions