Any Users Of The Garrett Ace 300i Here?

yammy

May 19, 2019
West Sussex, UK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Golden Mask One 15 kHz, Whites DFX300mm, Quest Q40, Nokta Impact, Makro Racer.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Doesn't appear to be much in the way of Ace 300 posts in the forum so I am assuming there is next to no chance of seeing any about the Ace 300i.

I am thinking about buying one for my wife, mainly because there is a very good deal going at the moment which includes the Garrett Pointer AT and also because the 300i has the target id numbers rather than just the bar graphic.

From all that I have read it seems like a good buy and a decent machine for what she will use it for. Searching the beach...dry sand only and looking for modern coinage.

I am also considering a used AT Pro which I posted about in the relevant section although that really is at the "just considering" stage. The 300i is almost a certainty though and unless I find a better alternative I will be ordering in the morning.

So anyone had any experience with the 300i or any advice you may want to share?

Zip Zip

Dec 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Spend the extra money and get the AT Pro. The 300i is nice, but she can out grow the 300i quickly and the Pro will give a lifetime of adventures. If you get the used Pro, hopefully it will come with the operational booklet :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
yammy

yammy

May 19, 2019
West Sussex, UK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Golden Mask One 15 kHz, Whites DFX300mm, Quest Q40, Nokta Impact, Makro Racer.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks. Bought the 400i instead and my wife has been happily using it for the past few weeks. No complaints at all and she has already found loads with it. Actually I am quite impressed with it. I had never really considered Garrett as an option but it was an incredibly good deal and the more I looked into it the more sense it made. I know all of the Ace series could definitely do with an update but it does the job and does it well. That is all that really matters :)

seagullplayer

Aug 13, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 & ACE 400, ACE Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aer there any users of Garrett 250 or 300?
I'm a 250 user so is my son. Its a great little machine.

I got my 250 back in 08, I just moved to the ACE 400 a year or two ago. But the 250 still pulls visitor duty.

The 250 was a VERY popular machine when it came out, for good reason I think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread