Anybody buying CRYPTO like DOGE Coin?

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doge is about to go on Coinbase!!! Also, Elon Musk is trying to make it better. I like Ripple (XRP) and of course Bitcoin and Litecoin. I am keeping my eye on Stellar Lumens too.

But, I don't have Doge yet, but might just put a little in, which with my income means $0.05......:BangHead:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but there isn’t any way to make a crypto coin “better”, much less slightly different. It’s locked into a contract when it’s launched. No changing the rules or funding mechanisms unless that ability is built into the contract.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Correct me if I’m wrong, but there isn’t any way to make a crypto coin “better”, much less slightly different. It’s locked into a contract when it’s launched. No changing the rules or funding mechanisms unless that ability is built into the contract.

Indeed coins can be made better via forks and/or added layers to the underlying block chain. Why improve Doge coin? Only Elon knows the answer to that one! Doge is a worthless block chain in its current state, any bettering would be a copy of what's already out there and at best, would just parallel the most current block chains.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
This is my strategy concerning penny cryptos. If I see one that has a lot of interest in it, and I decide to purchase it on the low side, I wait till the price shoots up and I sell a portion of it to cover what I put into it, along with a profit, then what I have left is free money (crypto) which I can then not worry about , and just let it run it's course. After doing this for a while, you wind up having none of your own money invested in your now large portfolio. None of this happens overnight most of the time, and you have to learn to be patient. It has certainly taught me patience that I never had before.

I did this very thing with Shib yesterday....working with free money now.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
It's very easy to sign up on an exchange other than Paypal. When we see Coinbase adding doge, we know it won't be long before the price will go higher. Doge is also being grouped on the Flare Network, along with XRP. If you haven't heard about the Flare Network, then it would be wise to learn all you can about it, as it is scheduled to appear live in the month of June. People that held XRP back in Dec. received free Spark tokens 1:1 from the Flare Network. The tokens weren't issued to us yet, and will be portioned when we do receive them, when the Flare Network goes live next month. There is a lot of anticipation concerning the Flare Network, and what it will add to the crypto community. Next month will probably be too late to buy doge at a cheap price.

Bitrue issued Spark, they are tradable as IOU's. $1.80-$2.00 lately. That's impressive. I hope the bottom falls out when they hit the open market, I'm going to load up!

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
That should definitely help it out. I can't buy it with Paypal, so I'm holding zero Doge right now. Maybe Paypal will wake up and add it to their acceptable crypto list soon.

Doge going to Coin Base won't move the price. A few years ago, yes, a CB listing was a gold egg. Binance is eating CB's lunch.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Times like these make people rich.
One thing nice about investing is everyone is free to make their choices or sit on the side and do nothing.

With Americas biggest wealth transfer in history well underway, everyone needs to decide to be a part of it or not.
As the dollar craters wealth is flowing elsewhere and that's just the way it works.
Many including myself are totally out of overpriced stocks now. Not worth the slow tiny gains for the volatility or risk.
Between the two, cryptos seem much safer to me right now so that's where I'm staying until I sell.

Part of crytpos sharp rise is also the fact that they are fairly new and still seeking market value. Once they reach an equilibrium they will level out some.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
The crypto Safemoon was just listed on the Bitrue exchange today. Priced at .000009 per coin. $100 gets you 10 million coins. If it manages to make it to 1 cent, that's an easy $100,000.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1320, can you explain how the Block Chain works? I been reading up and everything I've read reads like Pakistani stereo instructions that were translated to Swahili, then the Swahili was translated to English. :dontknow:

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The crypto Safemoon was just listed on the Bitrue exchange today. Priced at .000009 per coin. $100 gets you 10 million coins. If it manages to make it to 1 cent, that's an easy $100,000.

And....the way Safemoon is set up, you will receive free tokens daily. There's a lot of attention been given Safemoon, especially on Twitter and other social media.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Times like these make people rich.
One thing nice about investing is everyone is free to make their choices or sit on the side and do nothing.

With Americas biggest wealth transfer in history well underway, everyone needs to decide to be a part of it or not.
As the dollar craters wealth is flowing elsewhere and that's just the way it works.
Many including myself are totally out of overpriced stocks now. Not worth the slow tiny gains for the volatility or risk.
Between the two, cryptos seem much safer to me right now so that's where I'm staying until I sell.

Part of crytpos sharp rise is also the fact that they are fairly new and still seeking market value. Once they reach an equilibrium they will level out some.

With the way things are going, we may not need to sell the crypto. Companies are issuing debit cards for crypto, where you can use the crypto to purchase with. At this stage in the game though, I find it hard to want to sell anything until a much later time, when prices have reached a plateau.....which will be some time yet....maybe a few years. It seems very evident though, that the market will always continue to be something the whales (large investors) will be able to manipulate.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just a question. What are these currencies backed by?

Jack squat, but that doesn't mean you can't make money trading them. The problem is you never know when it will soar or when it will tank. Seems like Bitcoin always has 5k swings in the middle of the night. The swings are also quick, which makes me think that it's all rigged. The so-called whales can tank any of these cryptos in a blink of an eye and that's what makes them a risky trade.

The_Griffyn

Jan 5, 2010
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Minelab SDC 2300, Minelab GM 1000
Anyone who states they are holding cryptos for ten years is going to be disappointed.

FALSE. Been holding BTC since 2014 and ETH since 2015. Not to mention several other projects. I am FAR from disappointed.

Stay away from bull^%$# meme coins like DOGE, do your own research, and take the time to actually understand blockchain technology. If you do, generational wealth is possible. Believe that.

The_Griffyn

Jan 5, 2010
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Minelab SDC 2300, Minelab GM 1000

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FALSE. Been holding BTC since 2014 and ETH since 2015. Not to mention several other projects. I am FAR from disappointed.

TRUE. I was referring to anyone who thinks they're going to salt it away NOW and cash it in ten years from now and retire on the huge profits. Not gonna happen...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For anyone thinking that cryptos aren't worth the investment. First of all....cryptos will be the money of the future, and that future is here....whether we agree with it or not.
At present.....this is only the beginning of the change from paper money to digital money. Everything we see in financial world today, is geared toward the downfall of our economy,
so the digital world can move in and take it's place. If you think that crypto is not a good investment, then you don't understand, that what is happening, truly is the greatest opportunity
to get in on the bottom floor, and with good choices of the crypto available, to make more money than you may have ever thought possible. Yes. they say dogecoin was a joke meme from the start,
but that joke has made a lot of people a lot of money. I myself bought $300 worth at less than a penny, and cashed in over 8000 on that investment. I still have some coins left, and will hold those till the price goes to wherever it goes.
Crypto is not just a fad people. It is what they deem a serious situation. Changing the world's economy is not something to be scoffed at, or taken lightly. It would be to everyone's benefit if you were to get involved and learn
all you can, and purchase some of those coins. Unless....you're ok with being left behind, and work your 9-5 like a good slave, and then get paid in the digital currency you said you'd never use. I am retired, I've had a lot of time to study all about this, for 2 years now. If you want to know what coin will be the best coin for the future, then look at XRP. Then, look at the company that has XRP (Ripple). They will handle the majority of all money transfers through all the banks and financial institutions of the whole world. They have the software programs that will enable any bank or financial institution to send or receive money to and from any country in the world. Look at their website and you will see that this has been going on for a very long time, and now is the time that all of this is coming to fruition. It's only gotten started, so now is a good time to get in before it really takes off. We as retailers, won't have a choice. We will have to use digital money, or have nothing at all....in the not so far away future. 2 years ago I started investing in crytpo. Investment means you study what the coin is about...what it's utility is, or what it will contribute to society. Then you invest in that coin and wait for it to mature. It's like planting seeds....wait for the harvest. The following is my list of cryptos I have researched and am confident in: XRP...VET..ADA...Digibyte...Stellar (XLM)...ZIL. All of these companies have utility that will change the world as we have known it. VET (VeChain) is a company that can track anything in the world, like a product, and it will be on the products in the store. WalMart is currently using their services. VeChain tracks a product from it's manufacture to it's end user. This has many uses in the world, and will be a huge deal in the future. This is just an example of what we are headed into. All the chaos we have been witness to for the last year and more since the pandemic started, has been orchestrated to evolve all of us into this new world of finance. If you choose to disregard it, then you will find yourself one day, kicking yourself in the rear, for not doing the research, to know what this is all about. I'm not a financial advisor, but I tell this warning about the future, for everyone's own good. Over the last 2 years I invested less than 10,000, and today that is now worth over 70,000, and will grow exponentially over this next year, as crypto is introduced to all the world through the media. This has been dogecoin's purpose.....to make everyone aware of crypto, and entice all the world to participate. All the world is a stage....what part will you play in it? Or...will you just be an observer?
You better hope your wrong. heh

The day you allow your paper money to be "done away with"... is the day you can remember as a loss of a major fundamental right... and the beginning of your life being in the hands of something or someone else.

They will NEVER do away with it completely anyway... they make WAY too much money off making and selling it.
So... i don't know where you pulled that other than one of the conspiracy theory sites...but anyway not based on any REAL information or studies or credible source... just a dream... probably cooked up BY the crypto kings themselves no doubt.

You are relying too heavy on the idea and not on reality... reality is ... there can and will never be only one form of currency... ever.

Oh yeah Um....

Whilst i have you "on hook" here... um... i was going to mention that i have some real estate here in Florida on the cheap...... REAL cheap. heh

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah... PS...

Um... i find it VERY hard to believe... your 300 into 8000.

Not saying you are lying.... just hard to believe... AND THEN something else... (i cannot help it) comes to mind.

IF you actually DID make this... the one question BEGS ME...

Why on Gods Green Earth.... would you tell anyone... let alone strangers online about it.

No one... repeat no one in their right mind would do that... makes ZERO sense.

That is... unlessss........... you have something to gain.... in one form or another.... financially.... mentally... BUT ? ? ?

Sorry... just gotta put it out there... in my nature.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread