Anybody in South West Virginia ?

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Looking for someone in South West Virginia,I'm in Galax,area.No fun detecting by myself.Know of some areas near by,and some in Wythe and Smith Counties.Give me a yell,if the weather is to bad to out,always can sit and drink coffee and swap stories. Even if you are not close by,would love to hear from you.Keeps me out of trouble with the wife. ;D

papa

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Yo! Rebel here: ;D "Keeps me outta trouble, with da wife..." HA! HA! HA! LOL, ROFL... :D

transplant

Dec 26, 2006
moved to galax may 06 try me at ready917yahoo.com. Iunderstand about the wife mine would like me out of the house some since I am retired

Shortround

Feb 28, 2007
Castlewood, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Sovereign GT Sunray S1 Probe
I guess I am extreme SW Virginia - northwest of Abingdon. It is difficult to find anyone to hunt with here, unless I get my son into it.

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
Shortround, I am in Coeburn Va are you close? I am new to metal detecting but am more than willing to get out and do some hunting with you:-)

Kenneth

TomB

Nov 16, 2007
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Metrotech 220 and Minelab X-Terra-70
Hello from Pulaski...just down the road. Just getting back into relic hunting.
Been working Cloyd Mt battle sight last few weeks. Give me a hollow. TomB

JustinFlite

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Blacksburg / Roanoke area! Give me a shout if you want to go team hunting!

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello papa, I live west of Hillsville about 15 miles and im new at this.Just bought a Bounty Hunter MD and first day in my yard found a quarter, dime, 3 pennies and a Napoleon Empereur button. I have also been learning some panning in stream here at home, that is fun too. Hope you have good luck hunting.

tlcro

Greenie
Sep 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. New to the site and the hobby but excited!

Last edited:

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello tlcro. Glad you are excited and welcome. Stay excited and your fun will last a lifetime.

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all, I'm in Vinton next to Roanoke I hunt mostly parks as i'm not a big talker not to strangers anyway find it hard to ask for permission. Don

F70Fisher

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2020
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am in Martinsville. Am a disabled vet so can not walk far without some sit down time but I go out. Have a Fisher 70. Maybe we can get together and go out.

anotheroutlaw

Greenie
Jul 12, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone in this thread still detecting in the I81-I77 corridor from Galax to Roanoke?

fig

Oct 19, 2021
Looking for someone in South West Virginia,I'm in Galax,area.No fun detecting by myself.Know of some areas near by,and some in Wythe and Smith Counties.Give me a yell,if the weather is to bad to out,always can sit and drink coffee and swap stories. Even if you are not close by,would love to hear from you.Keeps me out of trouble with the wife. ;D

papa
Howdy papa. Im in Galax. been dirt fishing for 50 years. Would love to meet up for a hunt. Give me a holler.

dr00bie

Aug 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy papa. Im in Galax. been dirt fishing for 50 years. Would love to meet up for a hunt. Give me a holler.
Fig? Panel van, amazing block layin' Fig?

I'd love to get out with some folks around my area, I'm in Wytheville.

cmullan

Sep 27, 2022

papa
Hey I just moved to Coeburn and would like to learn more about where to hunt for treasure nearby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread