All Treasure Hunting

wayfas4u

Mar 29, 2010
Lee county georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett 2500 GTI, Garrett AT Pro & AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh heck yea I am an addict!! I Think about it all the time here in South Georgia, especially when I am at work and its a BEE-U-TEE-FUL Day outside! A very time consuming yet inexpensive hobby! Digging in the dirt and swinging that coil till the pain sets in - perserverance 101 !! We all want to find something, but I will admit some of my BEST DAYS are when I find absolutely nothing! The experience of detecting with a buddy and being in an old spot is exciting since the history is always in the ground :icon_thumleft:!!!! Nice 12 cents you found there JCOBB!8-)

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Part 2 I have been sick for several Days this is the first day I Could Go Back to Work!!! I Think I Hurt My self I May Need to Take A Detecting Day Off!!!! Chug :dontknow:

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
This is no joke. My metal detectors are in my bedroom leaning against the wall on my side of the bed. On my nightstand is a Civil War identification guide and my Garrett Pro Pointer. The other day I found my first "Large Cent" and I thought about putting it under my pillow like a tooth to the tooth fairy. After each hunt, I come home and clean and detail all my equipment down to my Lesche digger. I mean it doesn't currently have a spec of mud on it, and if you actually knew how much mud I have hunted in, in the last week. :laughing7: Anyway, today I was working and made a detour to go out to a confederate made lunette to take some photos and do a little recon for a possible hunt. Metal detecting is not just a hobby to our Tnet brothers and sisters, it's a way of life!

L

l2hunt

i can't pass an open property without thinking goodies! hhehehehe

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Enjoyed reading this whole thread, but a couple minutes later realized it's sent me totally over the edge! Went to scoop big Maine Coon cat's litter box -- her poops are always 6 to 8 big round balls well-buried & scattered about -- suddenly I realized I was scooping the poop in metal detecting mode, looking forward to unearthing the next poop ball! Maybe I need a quiet long period of withdrawal from this addiction, lol. :laughing7: :tongue3: :laughing7: Andi

nleet22

Jan 5, 2014
lancaster pa
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250, AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow take all those replys and put them together and that's me, except im not 71 and I never take breaks it goes from morning to nite to quick..glad I have a flash lite..i swing in the rain, snow, and ofcourse the heat! I hop fences and walk thru water and mud... if theres dirt I swing, found some of my oldest coins downtown in the small strips of grass between the sidewalk and the street or a building and the sidewalk . people look at me like wtf are you doing! I just keep digging! hh

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Night and day, night and day.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Honey! Look at this post! Look Look....seeeeeeeee, I'm NOT the only one...................
......................................blah blah, yeah whatever.

Lost2Much

Apr 29, 2011
South Pa.
Detector(s) used
MXT XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What all you people have is called: O C M D D Obsessive Compulsive Metal Detecting Disorder And, sadly, there
is no known cure.

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
Portland, Oregon/ I travel
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
V3i xlt dfx gmt mxt f75 Exp SE ace 150 Umax etrac goldmaster coinmaster Cz-5 Cz-3D Goldengate 3D BH 300 ctx 3030 jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If ONLY Heide Klum metal detected!......:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some signs that you just might be addicted to metal detecting.

You now longer know how to fall asleep without thinking... and then dreaming about what you might find tomorrow.

You assume everyone knows what you are talking about when you mention "swinging your coil".

You always carry your detector in your car/truck WITH fresh batteries.

You spend more than you should on detecting related items that you just GOTTA have.

You are reluctant to let anyone touch or heaven forbid, USE your detector for fear they may mess up your settings.

You believe watching videos of others metal detecting is a great way to spend time on wintery days.

:laughing7:

Last edited:

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's no way I could let all you guys tell how addicted you are! I'm ATE UP with it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silversurfer79

Dec 24, 2013
Southern, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Honey! Look at this post! Look Look....seeeeeeeee, I'm NOT the only one...................
......................................blah blah, yeah whatever.

Lol...I just did the very same thing with my girlfriend. Too funny

s.tan

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know you're addicted when you keep checking the forum more than once a day, reading and getting excited about all the finds, and looking for this thread especially, just so you can feel "normal" knowing that you fit in with all the other addicts out there!

Last edited:

Lynne G. Peck

Dec 14, 2013
Vero Beach Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrtee AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cobb. I haven't even read anything but detecting books and magazines for the past 5 months. I just received my new AT Pro and yesterday I went out for 6 hours and dug up "130" coins. Believe it or not. All but one were clad but did get one 1952 Wheatie penny. To top it off, I'm 80 years young and I'm not one bit sore this morning. I'd be out there right now but the wife has the car to go shopping. Come to Florida where we have detecting weather all year long.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread