Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I started stacking AMC’s 20 years ago with plans on restoring them during retirement. Well, I’m retired and slowly selling one by one.
E1448F39-5B24-4ECD-98BA-B092E8B45F8F.jpeg

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
I kept my old hot rod. Bought it in 83 first saw in sitting in 78 paid about $200.00. I had to replace the Rad. and some small stuff. but she fired right up. I look up the NADA price guide for number 1 car $114.955.00 My hot rod is a 66 SS 396 Chevelle convert, 4 speed, posse 373 gears, Black with white int. orig numbers matching. The car is not been restored Just maintained.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fistfull I am guessing you have quite a collection of AMC's

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Nephew recently (couple years ago) Purchased a classic Mustang Show Car, when he saw it online. I believe he called it his midlife crisis :laughing7: had it shipped to him and put it in his garage.
rarely drove it.

I can guess his youngest girl or boy will probably sneak it out ,
and get caught racing once they get old enough to drive:laughing7:
Huh? Wait a minute!! Isn't sneaking the car for a "run" an act of passage???

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That show is driving the price up on all the beat to hell classics on Craigslist. It's a joke what some folks are asking for an old pre 70s classic Chevy and others anymore. I think Barrett Jackson is really more about the big egos and who's got the most cash in their pocket.
LOL I'm not complaining :). Mecum Auction 2022 in Fla. three weeks ago had (5) Factory Five Cobras for sale.
The cheapest sold for $74,000 the most expensive sold for one hundred & 10 thousand. None of the builds were anything special.Couple 5.0s & couple 427s. Even the announcer said the days of a "replica" Cobra selling in the 30k range are over :):occasion14:
014.JPG
003.JPG

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of us non boomers will keep the classic cars alive. Sure as hell won’t be paying that kinda money but we still have plenty of elbow grease to resurrect a few. Working on a 72 C10 pick up now.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL I'm not complaining :). Mecum Auction 2022 in Fla. three weeks ago had (5) Factory Five Cobras for sale.
The cheapest sold for $74,000 the most expensive sold for one hundred & 10 thousand. None of the builds were anything special.Couple 5.0s & couple 427s. Even the announcer said the days of a "replica" Cobra selling in the 30k range are over :):occasion14: View attachment 2006923 View attachment 2006924
How could you not love a cobra.... saxy

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That show is driving the price up on all the beat to hell classics on Craigslist. It's a joke what some folks are asking for an old pre 70s classic Chevy and others anymore. I think Barrett Jackson is really more about the big egos and who's got the most cash in their pocket.
Once in awhile you’ll see something “ok” on Craigslist. I prefer eBay motors, but until you see it in person it’s a bondo special in my book.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Fistfull I am guessing you have quite a collection of AMC's
Gare, I’m down to my last car - 1971 Javelin AMX that is very solid and complete except it carries a 360 and not 401. AMC built only 2,000 of these. The guy I bought it from kept the cowl induction air cleaner housing and the year-specific wheels that all sell for about 6-$7k alone. Gonna sell the the car probably this spring to free up more barn space. AMC‘s are fairly modern cars but unlike Chevies or Fords they didn’t build many, so they don‘t reproduce many parts such as trim work. It’s much cheaper in the long run to buy a nice finished car than to do a restoration.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of us non boomers will keep the classic cars alive. Sure as hell won’t be paying that kinda money but we still have plenty of elbow grease to resurrect a few. Working on a 72 C10 pick up now.
I noticed a lot of those "non boomers" buying cars at Both auctions :)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started stacking AMC’s 20 years ago with plans on restoring them during retirement. Well, I’m retired and slowly selling one by one. View attachment 2006744
Nice looking AMX. My wife of over 30+ years now fell in love with me the guy who had a 74' Gremlin that I picked up for 400 bucks in Iowa. I really just wanted something cheap to drive to Colorado and it ran without flaw. I also used it to commute from Buena Vista Colorado to Frisco Colorado every day to work at Overhead Door installing garage doors. That was a one way commute of 65 miles ever day over a snowy mountain pass of 10'000 feet. Had sand bags and studded snow tires and I made it to and from work every day. I finally drove it out to Sacramento to take a job out there, but it had to many issues to get it smog'd so I parked it at our shop and the guy that bought our scrap metal gave me 35 bucks for it. Later when I moved to Colorado again I started getting parking tickets mail to me from San Francisco. I guess that scrapper had a relative that drove it all over the bay area unregistered. Took me a little convincing to the CMV that that I don't own that car as I sold it for scrap and it ain't my responsibility anymore.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice looking AMX. My wife of over 30+ years now fell in love with me the guy who had a 74' Gremlin that I picked up for 400 bucks in Iowa. I really just wanted something cheap to drive to Colorado and it ran without flaw. I also used it to commute from Buena Vista Colorado to Frisco Colorado every day to work at Overhead Door installing garage doors. That was a one way commute of 65 miles ever day over a snowy mountain pass of 10'000 feet. Had sand bags and studded snow tires and I made it to and from work every day. I finally drove it out to Sacramento to take a job out there, but it had to many issues to get it smog'd so I parked it at our shop and the guy that bought our scrap metal gave me 35 bucks for it. Later when I moved to Colorado again I started getting parking tickets mail to me from San Francisco. I guess that scrapper had a relative that drove it all over the bay area unregistered. Took me a little convincing to the CMV that that I don't own that car as I sold it for scrap and it ain't my responsibility anymore.
Cool! The big thing when I was in school in the 70’s was stuffing V8’s into Pintos, Mavericks, Vegas and Gremlins. My wife’s uncle here raced a Gremlin with a Chevy 327 transplant.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a 68 Impala SS 327 4 speed. Loved it & souped it up with headers, high rise & Holley 850. Special distributor. Ran like hell. Got married & bought a K car. Don't have the wife or the K car. Wish I had the Impala!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I do know.......Someone at that auction got taken to the 'Cleaners' BIG TIME on a white 1968 427 Corvette.Just because it was owned (at one time) by a Astronaut . The new owner paid Many,many times over what that cars worth.The 68s had many bad designs problems ,a freaking money pit ! How do I know.I had one back in the day.
006.JPG

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a 67 I only had it for a couple years

Reactions: RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s like the boat show I go or watch it tell I get depressed. Then I leave or turn it off.

A matching numbers 1969 Chevelle SS with a 396, bucket seats, and a horseshoe shifter gets me every time.
This was my baby.....67 Chevelle SS 396 I ordered directly from the factory ,spring of 67.
Butternut yellow,black inside w/buckets, 4 on the floor,411 posi rear..........Total cost $3,300
029.JPG

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a BAD car when they came out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread