Anyone ever hunt Kings Park Psych Hospital

Don57

Feb 7, 2009
Lindenhurst NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 6T / Prizm 9" Spider Coil / Prizm Mini DD Coil / Garretts Pro Pointer / Lesche trowel
Primary Interest:
Other
My daughter , the aspiring photographer wanted to take some pictures of the abandoned Kings Park Psychiatric Hospital. It is now called Nissequogue River Park. So yesterday we took a ride there and did some walking so she could take her pictures. There are acres upon acres of open land that is just a hiking / biking park now. Have any of you ever done any metal detecting here ? Any decent finds ?

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Better be careful. That place is probably haunted by the ghosts of old teachers still trying to dry out, patients who died waiting to be seen and treasure hunters who passed away looking for that one big find...

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
That’s one of the places that used to do the shock treatment on mental patients. My great grandmother worked there during the 20s when all that was going on.

DetecTom

Nov 18, 2019
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600|Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s a sketchy place, but is so cool to go to. I know many people who snuck inside those asbestos filled walls. I could only imagine what’s in the ground there.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any decent finds ?
20161222_174156.jpg

Top Member Reactions