camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How far are you from Lake Elsinore. I use to live there and I think that the beach would be a great place. Partied there a lot when they had boat races.

S

stefen

If God ever wanted to give the world an enema, Elsinore would be an ideal spot to begin.

If you do go to Lake Elsinore, whatever you do, DO NOT DRINK the lake water...a lot of sewer trout floating about. I used to have a Design Studio across from the Fire Station and know the area quite well.

The loading ramp area along the north side is a good place to start...other that that, the rest of the town absolutely sucks.

OP
OP
E

estellefc

Thanks for the info. I am in Riverside proper, and wouldn't head towards Lake Elsinore any way. I'm going to try out some of the small parks in the area.

SoCalMark

Dec 28, 2006
Inland Empire
Detector(s) used
MXT, Explorer II
I hunt all around Riverside and the surrounding area. Lot's of parks and places to hunt. What kind of machine did you get?

HH Mark

OP
OP
E

estellefc

What areas do you go to? I am totally new at this, and haven't the first idea of where to even start. I bought a VERY inexpensive MD....a Titan. Thanks for the info!

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
I'm north of you by 2 hours, but will be in Ventura this Saturday checking out the local beaches and sand parks. Not sure how well my MD will work on the beach. Never used it there before, but gotta try it once

SoCalMark

Dec 28, 2006
Inland Empire
Detector(s) used
MXT, Explorer II
Pick any park in Riverside. I've hunted all of them and most schools. I'm in the La Sierra area but hunt all over. There are a few of us local's that hunt together at times. If you would like to join in just let me know. We also have a local club that meets once a month if you care to join.

HH Mark

Hillbilly bread

Feb 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT , Coin Master & my nose<><
I live by Aguanga. If you are just starting out the beach is the best place to start.Hillbilly<><

oknorom

Sep 17, 2004
Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
fairmount park is a good bet for old coins. also, try the field behind central middle school--i've found a seated dime, a few barber dimes and indian heads back there. bobby bonds sports complex has also netted me some old silver coins.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey guys,
I'm also in riverside... let me know when you guys are going and maybe we could hook up and make a cooll mill.....lol

PLL

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I'm in Riverside too. I'll be hunting on Friday and Saturday. The only thing cutting down the demo hunting is the heat. I know a spot or two that can produce silver.

I also know a sopt that can produce seated coins. But the hunting is hard at that spot, and insect are everywhere, but if one is lucky, one can find an oldie.

On Friday when the crowds are down I wanted to hit Lake Perris for the gold . The water was very low on the 4th.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work for Sit N Sleep you know, that mattress guy that says IT"S FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. So I have to work EVERY weekend. But I'm off on Mon, Tues and every other Wed. I,m very very new... Would love to get some advice.

PLL

S

stefen

I would venture to guess that Fulmer Lake located on the road from Beaumont / Banning to Idyllwild, and Lake Hemet located about 5 miles from Mountain Center on the road to Palm Springs would be virgin territory.

Fulmer Lake is maybe 10 ~ 15 acres with a picnic area along the north side, would be prime.

I prefer to fly fish the lake whenever I have an few free hours.

There are several mountain climbing base camps (park) on the south side of Fern Valley that could prove to be very productive...a lot of day climbers that change clothes in the open that could prove to be a good coin-drop area. Try the edges of the parking areas first then hit the picnic tables, then the trail base.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
What about this old camp. It's off of Sanderson Road, (use the following address on google maps to find the spot):
33.808909, -117.000511

Who wants to hit it?

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
It is. I don't know much about it but I know it's been there a while. Now a days young folks use it as a party spot.

It's not far from the old Moto Cross track that was closed by the Indians. The Indian land is about 20/40 acres where the track use to be.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ant do you have any info, like what year the house was there ?? name of owner ?? when was the house torn down ?? could it have been flooded out ?? BTW have you heard of a old hotel foundations in the sand hills near this place. There is a old ( beat up and worn ) neon sign by the road..

PLL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions