Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was searching for Excaliburs, and came across a website that is "Minelab.us"... Checked them out and seems they have Excal II's for $999.00 and free shipping, AND free 4 yr extended warranty.. Supposedly NEW units..
Obviously NOT Minelab USA, I have to wonder if this place is for real, or a ripoff site.. I emailed them with specifics, such as where they are, etc.. Will see what they write back, if at all..

Anyone ever heard of them?

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Lee..... I wonder if it is a bogus company? They say they have 10 Excals, I wonder if they can sell them for less if they are not an "Authorized" Minelab retailer... $200 less than everyone else is quite a bit.. And I wonder how they can include a 4 yr Minelab warranty if they arent an authorized dealer... Hmmm... We'll see if they respond to my email..

leefields

Feb 25, 2008
Lake Hamilton Florida 33851
Detector(s) used
Excall 2 w/Anderson shaft ...
Minelab CTX 3030 ...
Minelab GT
just called him....

his wife answered...some kind of dealer..whites garretts minelab....

his cell phone.... andy....203-734-1544......

off minelab official website...

NEW ENGLAND DETECTORS
972 Boston Post Rd
Milford
Connecticut 06460
USA
Phone: 1-888-734-1544
Fax: 1-888-666-4195

lee

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, figured it out... Old website, for some reason not updated... Nice guy though.. Even though the website was old, and supposed to be shut down quite a while back, he made it right...
And just fyi, after an Excal (or any other detector) is out of warranty, he has a full shop and does repairs on them... Says there are a few parts Minelab wont let him have, but for most repairs, he can get the parts.. That is cool, and would sure help for those of us that cant wait the ridiculous time that it has been taking for ML to get 'r' done...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the info.. I made a copy of the info..... Never know when i need something in a rush......

Attachments

• 192x235.jpg
    192x235.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 376
  • 192x235.jpg
    192x235.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 357

leefields

Feb 25, 2008
Lake Hamilton Florida 33851
Detector(s) used
Excall 2 w/Anderson shaft ...
Minelab CTX 3030 ...
Minelab GT
ummmmm....

call me what you will....

i actually voted for McCain thinking he would likely die....and we could have Sarah for President....

2012.....Palin vs. Clinton.....

Palin is easy on the eyes.... :icon_pirat:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh Boy.

Be careful. No warranty I'm sure. This guy, is he selling them marked as "New?"
He needs to update his website. It seems a little misleading, don't you think? :dontknow:

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 337
  • GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 315
OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy is legit, in fact, one of the largest dealerships... The website I found, in a kinda surf-mode manner, was outdated and shouldnt have even been active.. He couldnt believe that someone got a hold of him from that old site... Anyway, machines are new and fully warranted for 3 yrs..
It was cheaper than one that just sold (not actually new, just never used) on ebay for $1025.00
Should be here in a couple days, but I probably wont use it unless the current one goes tts up...

newenglanddetectors

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2009
Milford,CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Garrett, Tesoro,Whites,Tekenetics,Fisher,Detector pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I thought it would be proper to introduce myself and my company New England Detectors U.S.A. www.newenglanddetectors.com. I also own the domain minelab.us (not an official Minelab website). I usually remain low key on the forums but thought I needed to clarify who we are as its apparent there are allot of folks out there do not know. I am not sure where you received information on minelab.us , but it is a site that has zero content on its servers. So the price and ad you saw was not related to Minelab.us . We own the domain; it has no information on its servers. I would be happy if someone can provide me with a link to the mis-priced Excal. We advertise on Google, yahoo, gometaldetecting, metaldetectingforum.com and a host of others. All ads follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for MAP pricing. If there is an ad out there by mistake we certainly want to rectify that, as all dealers must follow the MAP pricing guidelines. Somehow we are being associated with this ad and would like to correct the issue.

With that being said I would like to answer a few other posts.

A. We are an authorized Minelab dealer you can follow the link to the official Minelab site or you can call Minelab directly to verify. This goes not only for us but for every dealer in the world.

MINELAB OFFICIAL SITE:
http://minelab.com/usa/consumer/whe...ut&zipcode=&radius=75&units=miles&dealername=

GARETT OFFICIAL SITE
http://garrett.com/hobby/hbby_how_to_buy.asp

FISHER OFFICIAL SITE
http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/dealers.htm#Connecticut

TEKENTICS OFFICIAL SITE
http://www.tekneticst2.com/dealers.htm#Connecticut

B. We do not sell fake equipment copies etc. Everything we sell is brand new from the factory unless specified as used as indicated in our pre-owned metal detector section of our website. http://newenglanddetectors.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7

C. In regards to our warranty, we (New England Detectors) cover you an additional year on all Minelab, Garrett, Fisher, Teknetics. This is in addition to the manufacturer’s warranty. The only exception is the Excalibur II . Currently there is a one year warranty. New England Detectors offers an additional 2 years on the Excal. Yes, total 3 year warranty, if purchased from us. During the first year you must go through Minelab or you can send your detector to us to send to Minelab. After that you are out of warranty with Minelab and our warranty goes into effect the remaining 2 years. If you experience problems you send it to our shop where we have two staff engineers who fix our customers detectors. We do fix other customers and other brands but our customers on file have priority. We have to take care of them first to keep up our reputation, speed and customer service.

D. Styles International is another company I own with my wife. It’s a beauty supply distributor where we provide supplies to salons all over the United States. I also own a property management company called HNA, llc. I own and manage 17 rental units. I am also a GIA certified gemologist. I import export Diamonds from around the world and sell to the wholesale market in New York City. I also am a certified bench jeweler and goldsmith. I have a degree in computer science and psychology from SCSU. I handle all 34 employees’ payroll, scheduling and day to day operations. I owned an internet hosting and design company in my twenties. I trained Local and state police K-9 units along the East Coast. Those of you in Florida (Metro Dade Police Department, Tony Guzman) can verify.
I have a 4 year old son and a wife who I have been with for 19 years and never a day apart. I figure I would save some of you cyber sleuths some time, LOL: laughing7:

I hope I shed some light on my company and who I am as a person. If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to call me or Email me. I am always available to answer questions or concerns you may have. I appreciate you guys taking the time out to read this and look forward to serving all your metal detecting needs.

We appreciate all your support.

Almost forgot, we currently have 15 Excalibur II’s as of today.

www.newenglanddetectors.com
[email protected]
1-888-734-1544
Cell :203-627-3314

New England Detectors U.S.A.
Office Headquarters
972 Boston Post Road
Milford, Ct 06460
1-888-734-1544

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We own the domain; it has no information on its servers. I would be happy if someone can provide me with a link to the mis-priced Excal.
For any confusion I may have caused, apologies... I was searching for "Minelab Excalibur for sale" on Google and found the link... It took me to this site.. http://minelabus.mybisi.com/products/metal-detectors
Not sure why it remains active, but as you can see, it is... Thanks again for clearing it all up, and treating a customer right... That speaks volumes about your business...

newenglanddetectors

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2009
Milford,CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Garrett, Tesoro,Whites,Tekenetics,Fisher,Detector pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link and response. I at least know it has no relation to our company at all. I think part of the confusion is in their domain name (minelabus.xxxxx) ours is minelab.us , notice the period location in domain name. When you went to do a whois search for minelab.us we come up as the owner of the domain. I can see how it can look like us. I am pleased to know its no relation to us. The manufacturers and other dealers police each other as far as MAP pricing. I just wanted to explain to everyone who we are and where we are so there is no confusion and that we do follow MAP set by the manufacturers.
We maintain great realtionships with all the manufacturers especially MINELAB and want to continue to do so. Hence, me responding to the posts. My main goal was to eleviate any confusion as I am well aware all the manufactures pay employees to read all the posts on all major MD forums. I am glad the issue is resolved.
We are developing our ad that will be displayed shortly on all the major forums. We sincerely hope you will think of us on your next purchase and look forward to your continued support. All you guys that post the good and bad actually help the manufacturers create better products, keep up the good posts and thanks for making MDing what it is today.

Again, thanks for your time.

All the best,

Andrew T.
New England Detectors U.S.A.
1-888-734-1544
972 Boston Post Road
Milford, Ct 06460

[email protected]

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice web site ................... :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• 192x235.jpg
    192x235.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 319
  • 192x235.jpg
    192x235.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 316

kando

Nov 14, 2008
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
....Tesoro conquistador , minelab sovereign
I went to your web site and it is set up nice.... I will be checking you out when it comes time to order some new equiptment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions