Anyone know anything about this lot of items????

Smilodon

Apr 4, 2011
Charleston sc
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
I was helping move for the family of one of my late friends and many items were being tossed around, I mainly deal with fossils and have helped by selling those for the family but I have no Idea on native american artifacts. I would really like to know anything I can about these items first and foremost . But If there is any value I would like to sell for the family, if little to know value I will keep for sentimental value. I can take more photos if that can help on any item and to give you gauge of size the lenght of the lid the items are sitting on is 12"
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
Upvote 1

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
I was helping move for the family of one of my late friends and many items were being tossed around, I mainly deal with fossils and have helped by selling those for the family but I have no Idea on native american artifacts. I would really like to know anything I can about these items first and foremost . But If there is any value I would like to sell for the family, if little to know value I will keep for sentimental value. I can take more photos if that can help on any item and to give you gauge of size the lenght of the lid the items are sitting on is 12"
Thanks for your help.
You've got a couple of broken bannerstones in there, and some pieces of slate gorgets. Probably from the Midwest into NY area.

Most of the pottery items don't look to be from that area.

The arrowheads on the edges could be from the Carolinas maybe? Rhyolite and quartz.

Not a ton of value, but the bannerstones could be worth something to a collector. You can check eBay for broken bannerstone and see some examples and prices.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread