Anyone know Details of Camp Cody Site

Ghost777

Greenie
May 2, 2018
NM
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, DFX, Garrett pinpointer, Whites 5000D, Whites 6000D Series 3, D-tex Tiny Tex detector BFO first unit.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if anyone has information on the Camp layout?? Ive visited the several websites that seem to have extensive photos, but I have not
really found alot on what several foundations represent. Also interested in visiting the site with my sons sometime in late summer early fall. Would love to hook up with anyone that has been out there.

OP
OP
G

Ghost777

Greenie
May 2, 2018
NM
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, DFX, Garrett pinpointer, Whites 5000D, Whites 6000D Series 3, D-tex Tiny Tex detector BFO first unit.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone?? I live in Alamo and been here on and off since 1969, graduated here in 74. I have done lots of detecting in Alamo back years ago with a Whites 5000D and 6000
Spent lots of time in Alameda Park, Washington Park...Got away from the hobby for awhile....want to get back into it as my health is going. Gonna do as much as I can before I cant do it anymore.....You know I started this business of detecting back when I was stationed at Nellis AFB...first detector was a BFO Detech. Not much good as it picked up everything. Discrimination didnt exist back then....that was in 76ish. Bill Mahan I believe made the detector I had there....anyways....I went through many detectors over the years and didnt really start having any luck until the whites 5000 and the 6000.

OP
OP
G

Ghost777

Greenie
May 2, 2018
NM
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and also....I did abit or research awhile back and me and my oldest son made a trip to Deming to see first hand the WWII bomber base, or what was left of it....I thought that was pretty cool....Never got a chance to detect that but Im looking at doing that as well this Fall.....But Cody....I didnt realize that was there until recent research.....

utforsker

Greenie
Mar 10, 2017
Burleson (DFW), TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Pro Find 35 pointer, AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are you interested in there? I have been there several times and detected. I'm based out of El Paso, I'm the President of the El Paso Prospectors Club. The main sites are privately owned.

dougachim

Jan 30, 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a yard long photo of camp Cody and know some guys who spent a lot of time there looking way back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread