Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...like you get when you get lobster are good for or satisfactory against virus when cleaning your hands
i know most are alcohol :dontknow: - i think
#1 i have a huge box of medical ones if i find i would donate to fire dept or police

#2 restaraunts are closed and being from New England - if they are good - 1000s of restaraunts
up here arent using them and could donate them also - that would be a huge untapped resource

just thinking outside the box

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just called my Gf works part time at a restaurant (which is closed right now) and they have a huge box of those (she doesnt know they might have some stockpiled in storage room)
and hers is a small place - large restaurants near the shore most have tons and arent using now and box must hold a lot of those i would think 1000 or more
they could donate them to local health places or old age homes or to police and fire
i just dont know how to get the word out

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, but seems to me it should say "Kills viruses"

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice thinking casper....I never thought about that....restaurants like red lobster probably have cases of those handiwipes they could donate while there doors are closed !! Way to think on your feet casper....I like the idea !!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice thinking casper....I never thought about that....restaurants like red lobster probably have cases of those handiwipes they could donate while there doors are closed !! Way to think on your feet casper....I like the idea !!

I mean if they start getting the real wipes on the shelves again fine - but up here ...they are still bare and a lot of our clinics and hospitals even say they are running thin
on wipes as well as every thing else - but almost every restaurants has them and being so thin a good size box must hold 1000s
and there are 1000s of restaurants closed - companies that supply those may have a huge stock pile too and just havent thought about
using them yet

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, but seems to me it should say "Kills viruses"
I think wipes you buy at store are mostly Isopropyl Alcohol i think which i think kills germs
i think those little whipes might be the same

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call your local police department, tell them you have a donation--:icon_thumright:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, when all the sanitizer was out, I asked the clerk, what about the little wipes,
for giving shots, prep wipes, she told me, "No, they wiped those out, too".

Reach out any way you can, call the Police/sheriffs, news stations, post on fb, twit ter, peri scope
whatever social media you have available.
A local nurse here, got our news to ask all the elective surgery places to donate, mask, gloves, etc....
They're bringing it to them...
elective surgeries facilities close & all elective surgeries are halted, for now.
We'll restock later, but the need at hospitals is now.
Good job Casper!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I donโ€™t think restaurant food wipes are necessarily alcohol based. But you definitely can (or used to be able to) get boxes of real alcohol wipes. They dry really quickly but are good to do a quick wipe of your hands or a surface.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
If you want to kill something, use bleach. Other than that it's probably more of a feel good moment. Washing hands properly takes time. In the ER my wife said the ABC's (in normal speech)to know how long to wash. The wipes and the rest of sanitizers don't ring with confidence. Just under finger nails lives a hoard of stuff those wipes will never reach. Remember alcohol is a disinfectant. Probably just gets a virus drunk for awhile.
Wearing latex or nitrile gloves when in stores makes a better choice. Cheap enough to toss.
I believe the wipes and sanitizers along with most face masks might give a false sense of confidence. The gear I had to wear in clean rooms was way more substantial. Head to toe covered. Only mentioned to illustrate the inadequacies of what some are doing to feel safe.

This is part from Wiki
Disinfectants are antimicrobial agents designed to inactivate or destroy microorganisms on inert surfaces.[1] Disinfection does not necessarily kill all microorganisms, especially resistant bacterial spores; it is less effective than sterilization, which is an extreme physical and/or chemical process that kills all types of life.[1] Disinfectants are different from other antimicrobial agents such as antibiotics, which destroy microorganisms within the body, and antiseptics, which destroy microorganisms on living tissue. Disinfectants are also different from biocides โ€” the latter are intended to destroy all forms of life, not just microorganisms. Disinfectants work by destroying the cell wall of microbes or interfering with their metabolism.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread