cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He was a few months ago when my Impulse went in for repair.

bubbacat

Dec 20, 2018
Deep Woods, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
1266XB, Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The term for today...

customer service
  1. The act of providing services to customers before, during and after a purchase.
  2. A department that provides services to past customers.
Source: Wiktionary.

Yes, he still works there, and I wish to express how sorely disappointed I am with the results of my last conversation with him.

Recently, I lost the small toggle switch nut and washer off one of my older Fisher units, so I called the repairs department. I knew that no new parts for an old machine would be available; however, I was hoping that I could, at least, get the size of the nut for an OEM replacement. I explained to the department that I am a life-long Fisher user (37 years now) and have owned seven of their machines.

None of these facts made any difference to the kind folks in Fisher's repair department, and it was made clear that I was on my own, they could care less, and that they were not interested in helping me in the least bit. Not only would they not spend the time to look up the part number, they would not email me any type of diagram that might give me a clue.

So much for a life-time of loyality...

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What switch on what model? Probably FTP has the nut & washer in stock as they still make some of the older units with toggle switches. If it's the usual C&K/E-Switch then the nut is likely a 1/4-40 thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread