Anyone Metal Detecting Lake Meade ? ? ? is it even allowed ? ? ?

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
National parks are instated because an area has been deemed "valuable" in one way or another.

But just like anything you don't take care of and just left to rot... Ignore it... it goes away.

This in MY definition is NOT protection.

Protection of something of value requires maintenance... in any way shape or form possible AND AS SOON as possible.

Not "when we get around to it". heh

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if as a reservoir it would be stirred up during digging
they may have had a point.
now would be the best time to clean it up some.
I think the Article said Detectors Are seen there but it is Illegal.
I seen one vid awhile back Where a Guy was Eyeballing Finds, and I Think he said he was taking some Home.
In spite of the Warnings I am not 100% sure the rules are Being Strictly enforced at this time.
Sadly it may be , If you ask "no you can't".
If you just do , Yes you can, unless you get a Irate greedy Cop,
and your unlucky enough to get a $10,000 Fine and Loss of a $3,000 Detector :dontknow:

Last edited:

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is a national park, so as in any national park "No metal detecting" your metal detector and vehicle can be confiscated. Same as a game preserve. Which I do not understand on a game preserve, hunting animals is allowed but metal detecting or removing anything is prohibited , this was confirmed when I asked a game warden.
'

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here if you Find a Boat, You need to Contact the Fish Commission with a Registration Number . They will
Send a Letter. If no response within an appropriate time , The boat can be Taken. for that reason I don't think boats are considered litter

Relicgrubber

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2018
Deep East Texas
Detector(s) used
O.G. XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I see it, we pay (Tax Payers) for the purchase and upkeep of Federal lands. Therefore I do not recognize the laws that are in place to “not do certain things”.

Privately held lands are a different story, I obey their rights to govern their own lands...

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is a national park, so as in any national park "No metal detecting" your metal detector and vehicle can be confiscated. Same as a game preserve. Which I do not understand on a game preserve, hunting animals is allowed but metal detecting or removing anything is prohibited , this was confirmed when I asked a game warden.
'
In Arkansas Wildlife Management Areas you can,t remove so much as an acorn.Only legally taken fish and game.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Arkansas Wildlife Management Areas you can,t remove so much as an acorn.Only legally taken fish and game.
Yes and I do not understand that, take the animals and fish, but leave the plants, trash and precious metals, here the management areas are preserves , isn't a preserve something you keep, unless its a jam or jelly. very confusing

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I see it, we pay (Tax Payers) for the purchase and upkeep of Federal lands. Therefore I do not recognize the laws that are in place to “not do certain things”.

Privately held lands are a different story, I obey their rights to govern their own lands...
problem is if you do not obey the rules they put in place, you are the only one who will loose.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes and I do not understand that, take the animals and fish, but leave the plants, trash and precious metals, here the management areas are preserves , isn't a preserve something you keep, unless its a jam or jelly. very confusing
I never understood it either.These places are all woods and relatively hard to access,don,t see the problem with digging a few small holes you,re going to refill anyhow.Ahhh, the bureaucratic mind,ya gotta love it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread