Anyone near Monterey CA

Onthehunt416

Jan 6, 2022
Hi Everyone, Happy New Year to you all. I live in Monterey and would love to meet up with someone who has some knowledge that wouldn’t mind sharing a few basic pointers. I have two detectors and an new to this. Not sure if my detectors are good for my area etc.. I love it. I have read a lot of material but could really use a partner. I would really appreciate any help :) thanks!! Stacy

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are your 2 detectors? People will let you know the best places to use your detectors and whether or not you can use them in the wet sands or water. But pretty much any detector can be used in the dry sand and in the parks but don't pass up the tot lots I have found gold in a tot lot when the wife and I were over that way on a day trip. Also try the pullout areas up and down highway 1 a TNET guy I don't remember his name was finding early 1900's coins in pullouts over that way, I think down by Carmel. Also see if you can get permissions from the houses with the dates on them that say who owned them back in the 1900's and earlier. I live over by Fresno otherwise I would dig with you. Monterey is one of my favorite places to visit and I always schedule enough time for at least a few hours of digging time or tot-lot coin shooting.

Reactions: Fat
OP
OP
O

Onthehunt416

Jan 6, 2022
What are your 2 detectors? People will let you know the best places to use your detectors and whether or not you can use them in the wet sands or water. But pretty much any detector can be used in the dry sand and in the parks but don't pass up the tot lots I have found gold in a tot lot when the wife and I were over that way on a day trip. Also try the pullout areas up and down highway 1 a TNET guy I don't remember his name was finding early 1900's coins in pullouts over that way, I think down by Carmel. Also see if you can get permissions from the houses with the dates on them that say who owned them back in the 1900's and earlier. I live over by Fresno otherwise I would dig with you. Monterey is one of my favorite places to visit and I always schedule enough time for at least a few hours of digging time or tot-lot coin shooting.
Thank you so much for the response. I just got a Garrett 300 and my older one is a bounty hunter 2200. Still beginners equipment but two iffeeebt types of readings, depth inductor, built in pp and so other cool features. I’ll have to give that a try for sure. My only find other then a fine and penny wete a few tent rods on Carmel beach lol. Just found flour gold I certain areas but it’s tough to clean and recover. I want to hunt. Does your Machine have metal tones that read 35 to 37 when you hit on gold jewelry? Thank you again

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for the response. I just got a Garrett 300 and my older one is a bounty hunter 2200. Still beginners equipment but two iffeeebt types of readings, depth inductor, built in pp and so other cool features. I’ll have to give that a try for sure. My only find other then a fine and penny wete a few tent rods on Carmel beach lol. Just found flour gold I certain areas but it’s tough to clean and recover. I want to hunt. Does your Machine have metal tones that read 35 to 37 when you hit on gold jewelry? Thank you again
My AT gold will hit gold from 38 to 47 normally, I hit a babies 10K gold bracelet at 38 the other day but most of my gold jewelry has come in at 45 to 47 on my machine the bad thing about gold is it will hit in the trash target ranges, so you will dig a lot of trash before you find gold. The one thing I can say is if the target is a solid number or solid sound your chances for a good target increases.The thing about Monterey is you need to go out when low tide is and see how many people you are competing with, there are probably quite a few, my suggestion would be to concentrate on parks, soccer fields and other sports fields the sidelines will have a lot of clad coins and the occasional jewelry. Think of where people do throwing actions and you will find lost rings, around basketball courts are good also because teams sometimes are shirts against skins so people take off their shirts and jewelry and when the games over they pick up the shirt and sometimes forget the jewelry was on the shirt and they lose the jewelry. The dry sand will give up treasures also I would go and hit Moss Landings dry sand areas there is a lot of area up there also. Good luck on your hunts and post your finds when you get them, Monterey has a lot of history so you will find some good stuff sooner or later. Also hit some of the towns around you I get a lot of my gold where migrants live because they dress their kids up and take them to the parks wearing little gold rings, necklaces and bracelets, Salinas is probably a little gold mine in the playgrounds.

OP
OP
O

Onthehunt416

Jan 6, 2022
My AT gold will hit gold from 38 to 47 normally, I hit a babies 10K gold bracelet at 38 the other day but most of my gold jewelry has come in at 45 to 47 on my machine the bad thing about gold is it will hit in the trash target ranges, so you will dig a lot of trash before you find gold. The one thing I can say is if the target is a solid number or solid sound your chances for a good target increases.The thing about Monterey is you need to go out when low tide is and see how many people you are competing with, there are probably quite a few, my suggestion would be to concentrate on parks, soccer fields and other sports fields the sidelines will have a lot of clad coins and the occasional jewelry. Think of where people do throwing actions and you will find lost rings, around basketball courts are good also because teams sometimes are shirts against skins so people take off their shirts and jewelry and when the games over they pick up the shirt and sometimes forget the jewelry was on the shirt and they lose the jewelry. The dry sand will give up treasures also I would go and hit Moss Landings dry sand areas there is a lot of area up there also. Good luck on your hunts and post your finds when you get them, Monterey has a lot of history so you will find some good stuff sooner or later. Also hit some of the towns around you I get a lot of my gold where migrants live because they dress their kids up and take them to the parks wearing little gold rings, necklaces and bracelets, Salinas is probably a little gold mine in the playgrounds.
Thank you for the info! Good to know about the gold range. I put my wedding ring in the ground just to see where it hit and it hit at 38 :) I will be sure to post my finds. I appreciate you!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread