Anyone on here work on old White's detectors?

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

blauer

Jun 17, 2014
Pennsylbama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi. I have an old MXT Pro and I looking for someone that works on this sort of machine.
I'm aware that White's went out of business and that Garrett is buying them; I'm not clear on whether that leaves me with an official White's option, which is why I'm posting this here.

Thanks in advance.

- Brian

Great to see another B here. I miss my old White's Classic SL....some of my best finds. I don't know anyone who works on them but I'll put the word out with some of my local MDers.

B:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Centreville Electronics in Virginia. i have been to their shop and have had a White's repaired in the past. Nice folks.

OP
OP
brianc053

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Centreville Electronics in Virginia. i have been to their shop and have had a White's repaired in the past. Nice folks.
Thanks Smokey, this was the kind of thing I was looking for. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What problem are you having with it? HH

OP
OP
brianc053

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What problem are you having with it? HH
Hi wingmaster. I've mailed the detector off to Centerville Electronics (following smokey's recommendation). There were a couple of slightly annoying issues with it: the battery pack sometimes loses connection with the two pins inside, causing the machine to shut off. And air tests were working fine (expected "beeps" from targets) but when the coil was against the ground it was surprisingly chatty and not beeping as accurately (I think this had to do with ground balance).

But I'm also talking with Centerville about me selling the unit to them or trading it toward an XP Deus, which they just started carrying.

- Brian

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi wingmaster. I've mailed the detector off to Centerville Electronics (following smokey's recommendation). There were a couple of slightly annoying issues with it: the battery pack sometimes loses connection with the two pins inside, causing the machine to shut off. And air tests were working fine (expected "beeps" from targets) but when the coil was against the ground it was surprisingly chatty and not beeping as accurately (I think this had to do with ground balance).

But I'm also talking with Centerville about me selling the unit to them or trading it toward an XP Deus, which they just started carrying.

- Brian

I'm thinking that would be like trading in the Buick for a Lexus-both gets you where you're going-but the ride is going to be a tad nicer.
Best of luck on the trade up/repair.

OP
OP
brianc053

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update for those interested: Centreville Electronics (Bob and Paul) were great to work with, and I did end up trading the Whites for (a little) credit toward an XP Deus. They’re going to refurbish the Whites MXT and resell it, so everyone wins.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was probably just bent battery contacts, you should always slide the pack in instead of dropping it in which could bend the contacts down. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread