Anyone plan on a side-by-side comparison of the Deus 2 compared to the Deus 1 ?

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As an owner of the original Deus, my main interest in the Deus 2 is how it preforms compared to the original.

I understand the advantages of being able to fully submerge the new model as well as the FMF setting, but for my specific needs those options are practically irrelevant.

So far, testers have compared the Dues 2 to other brands, and have commented on the new programs and how they work, again, compared to other brands. But are these new programs programable into the original Deus? One example would be the new Bottle Cap mode. From the little I saw it looks like the program works the same as adding some Notch parameters in the Deus 1 and then just saving it as a Bottle Cap program. Is this incorrect or is there more to it?

There may be other examples but I don't know.

And it would be very helpful to see side-by-side comparisons between the original and new Deus--how each responds to the same target out in the field. In other words, find a target in the ground with the Deus 2 and then check the same target with the Deus 1 before digging the target. Would they show identically or would the new model actually find more targets?

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As an owner of the original Deus, my main interest in the Deus 2 is how it preforms compared to the original.

I understand the advantages of being able to fully submerge the new model as well as the FMF setting, but for my specific needs those options are practically irrelevant.

So far, testers have compared the Dues 2 to other brands, and have commented on the new programs and how they work, again, compared to other brands. But are these new programs programable into the original Deus? One example would be the new Bottle Cap mode. From the little I saw it looks like the program works the same as adding some Notch parameters in the Deus 1 and then just saving it as a Bottle Cap program. Is this incorrect or is there more to it?

There may be other examples but I don't know.

And it would be very helpful to see side-by-side comparisons between the original and new Deus--how each responds to the same target out in the field. In other words, find a target in the ground with the Deus 2 and then check the same target with the Deus 1 before digging the target. Would they show identically or would the new model actually find more targets?
Like this?

OP
OP
Emil W

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! Don't know how I missed this, thought I had already watched all of Gary's videos. It certainly answered whether there are obvious advantages between the 1 and 2.

Looking forward to seeing more comparisons.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I have a friend who has owned and still owns a original Deus for many years, and when we hunted together he used to complain about the depth he got on his Deus. We compared signals a few times, his request, and it did seem his Deus wasn't near as deep as the video showed for the Deus II. With the new Deus2 speed, it seems logical to see a side by side test in an established garden, in case my friend had a dud.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend who has owned and still owns a original Deus for many years, and when we hunted together he used to complain about the depth he got on his Deus. We compared signals a few times, his request, and it did seem his Deus wasn't near as deep as the video showed for the Deus II. With the new Deus2 speed, it seems logical to see a side by side test in an established garden, in case my friend had a dud.
I suggest having your friend reinstall the software....a few years back a friend of mine had the same problem....out of the box it couldn't hit a dime at 5 inches.....had him reinstall the software and it that fixed the depth issue perfectly.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I suggest having your friend reinstall the software....a few years back a friend of mine had the same problem....out of the box it couldn't hit a dime at 5 inches.....had him reinstall the software and it that fixed the depth issue perfectly.
I have not seen him in a couple years. Maybe he figured his out better. A side by side with the D2 should be interesting to everyone anyway. "Apples to apples."

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have garden-tested my Deus and my Nox 800 and found both to be about the same depth. Yes, I have heard others that had different results, but with similar sized coils and other settings that affect depth set to as close as I can (as you said in your other post, 'apples to apples') I was unable to say which was deeper.

OP
OP
Emil W

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If anyone missed it, this video was posted on YouTube two days ago. I found it informative.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions