NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This came with the pile of detectors I bought recently, I've searched online but haven't found a match yet.. Seems like it should be pretty recognizable
DSCN0098.JPG DSCN0099.JPG DSCN0100.JPG

Thanks in advance for any help!

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Color looks like Fisher, but, the design doesn't. I'm trying to figure out that mount connected to the handle. Can't figure what control pod would fit there. You wouldn't want anything heavy that far forward. Odd camera mount? Maybe a close-up of the coil mount area with some dimensions would help.

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought Fisher also at first but I've looked at hundreds of google image pics and didn't see a match. The coil mount is 5/8" thick and looks to have taken a 1" x 1/8" rubber washer on each side, the control box mount is 6" long x 1 5/8" wide and whatever tabs slotted into it would have been around 1/16" thick.

Whatever it's for it seems it would be a machine that was made to easily switch between the shaft and hanging on your hip with a strap... I wonder if there would have been a matching belt clip? I don't know.... it's a mystery to me
DSCN0108.JPG DSCN0106.JPG

rayoh

Jan 13, 2017
northeast Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac-Notka Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shaft

This came with the pile of detectors I bought recently, I've searched online but haven't found a match yet.. Seems like it should be pretty recognizable
View attachment 1917851 View attachment 1917852 View attachment 1917853

Thanks in advance for any help!

It is from a company that is out of business. Compass was the company. It appears to fit the Coinscanner series. I had one years ago called a "Coinscanner Pro". They made some hot detectors. They can still compete with some of our recent detectors. Too bad there is no control box.

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is from a company that is out of business. Compass was the company. It appears to fit the Coinscanner series. I had one years ago called a "Coinscanner Pro". They made some hot detectors. They can still compete with some of our recent detectors. Too bad there is no control box.

I wish I could like your post more than once. Thank you!

Last edited:

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005

I completely forgot about Compass. I knew I had seen this shaft set up somewhere before. Thanks.

compass coin scanner - Copy.jpg

And this picture was right next to the photo of the Compass detector on my image search. I figured I would post it because I have never seen a woman that looks like her with a metal detector. :laughing7: I think it is false advertising :laughing9:

hot chick metal detecting - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She has a metal detector? :laughing7:

VaGent

Apr 20, 2021
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently Deus XP, also have 2 Minelab Explorer XS as backups.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wilson R&C IV. Good machine it is day, I still have a coil for one b17f.png .

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread