Anyone see travel channels"DIg Wars"

khamsley

Mar 7, 2013
Middle Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2. Garrett ACE 150. Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know. I think the finds are legit but the discovery ( actual digs ) may be a little staged.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FAKE !!! just like all the other treasure hunting shows, storage wars for example, which has been exposed by people on the show. who get kicked off the show once they tell all /sigh

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know Josh personally and have hunted with him before. They do find what you see. They are filmed after they are recovered as it would cost too much to film everyone digging for several hours non stop. I like the show. You don't hear "BOOM BABY" and "CIV" and ROUNDNESS" and "NECTAR" and all the other made up terms. They are just a group of people hunting and competing with each team on the best finds. Which they do not sell. They only get appraisals to see which team did the best. So far I think it is the best of all the other shows.

ack

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2013
I watched the show for first time on Friday. It was entertaining. Somewhat interesting.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they refrained from the fake antics and showed more detecting it would be an alright show. In reality, they show about 5 minutes of detecting. Josh is a cool dude though and I reckon they had fun filming it.

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is he a millionaire? He says he has found over a million dollars in relics at the start of the show.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pure freak show..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember these shows are put on for the general public, not for us.... Not enough metal detector owners to justify the cost of these shows... Ihahve no interest in any of them personally, but I can understand why they put them on....TO MAKE MONEY...

Last edited:

Big Bad John

Jul 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch about two minutes, and that was too much. I do not know who goes hunting for single coins in the snow.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have not watched it yet .... And i will not watch it ,,.... I am so sick of these crapy metal detector shows....... They keep coming up on TV one after another and none of them are worth my time to watch.......And each new one that pops up on TV is to better than the last ones... But they are not just more junk tv shows not worth watching......

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know Josh personally and have hunted with him before. They do find what you see. They are filmed after they are recovered as it would cost too much to film everyone digging for several hours non stop. I like the show. You don't hear "BOOM BABY" and "CIV" and ROUNDNESS" and "NECTAR" and all the other made up terms. They are just a group of people hunting and competing with each team on the best finds. Which they do not sell. They only get appraisals to see which team did the best. So far I think it is the best of all the other shows.
68462-2467-fecmv-a.jpg I know that the finds were legit - nothing was planted
I know 4 of the cast well and met the Abbey & Josh this year -
ive hunted with Larry and Mike a few times before and have seen nice finds found by both
you can go to youtube and see vids with a lot of the stuff Ron & Mark have found
and Josh has quite the colonial and CW finds too Ive heard
I know that items found at the Fort Phantom hunt were supposedly all donated to the museum
and if you visit it - you will see finds made along with a vid of them hunting there
Mike works for a major detecting company and has hunted all over the world
he was involved in finding a large silver cache and a gold cache - has done about every kind of detecting there is
he has gotten into many awesome spots - probably due to his affiliation with his company - and has many awesome finds
-nice diamond jewelry from water hunts - some rare coin finds and rare relic finds
haters are gonna hate - non believers are not gonna believe
I hopefully will be hunting with all 6 this Fall - and I know there will a lot of laughs and hopefully a lot of nice finds

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad I don't watch television .. That way I can hate them all equally!

JerseyGirl71

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just watched them last night via On Demand.
It was a fun watch and how can you not like Josh and Abbey... cute couple and love the dynamics.
It sure beats watching 16 and Pregnant, Real Housewives, and the host of other really mind draining "reality" TV.

I readily admit to watching the Ghost Hunting shows... there.. I said it and I am not ashamed. :)

Mary

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I can't spell or proof my comments....sorry. That should be "rocket science" NOT rock science.

sparkydog

Sep 28, 2008
Boulder Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites: Surf, Eagle II SL, GMT.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Real or staged, I wish they would just quietly fade away and never show a MD on TV again for any reason! Out of sight, out of mind. No good comes of calling our hobby to national attention. More administrators of agencies and parkland will soon see the need to draft even more rules to DEAL WITH US! Just leave us in peace to quietly enjoy our hobby. Even if a wonderful show did exist, it would just bring unnecessary focus on us and with that will always come unintended consequences.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread