Anyone still using a Tesoro Silver Max ?

Bsmooth

Greenie
Oct 17, 2022
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the Tesoro detectors that run on a 9v battery, I've found rechargeables tend to be a little larger than an alkaline battery. Don't break your battery cover door!

Btw, my alkaline battery lasts several trips....

kool007

Jan 2, 2004
Jax, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Nokta Makro Simplex
Minelab Excalibur w/S12
I'm still using a Silver Sabre. It's not a uMax. The battery pack is 6-AA's, but I have been using a regular 9-volt in there. I don't have the battery door, so a piece of tape is used.

It seems to last for about 3 to 4 hours. It's not that long, but still works.

It sure does have an uncanny ability to ignore iron nails in discriminate mode at the lowest setting. Amazing machine for 1983-1984.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Still use mine, and use rechargeables with no problem.

I take battery out when not in use.

OP
OP
B

Bsmooth

Greenie
Oct 17, 2022
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its funny I recently used mine in the same field as someone using a Legend. At the end of the day I had all the trash, and he had all the coins. I told him , at least i cleaned a lot of the trash out.
I have to say it goes very deep. You might not know what it is, but its usually a surprise. I found a whale the other day. It was a small silver token that had fallen off someones charm bracelet. It was barely .75 inches long and about 6 inches down in some awful rocky earth.
Sometimes it still scares me with its tones. Its like its saying "Hey dummy I found something, dig it!"

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use EBL 600mah batteries. They get about the same run time as alkaline ones. They might be slightly larger than some but battery door fits fine and a couple of them are over 10 years old. I have 5 Tesoros that use them and have never had a problem. I'd hate to think how much I would have paid if I had used alkaline in them.

223Larry

Sep 5, 2015
Waterford CA mother lode
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre,Goldbug 2,MXT e-Track four coils.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a 6 1.5 AA battery pack under the rear arm holder.last a long time ,cheaper and balances the unit like a feather.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread