Anyone use the Sunray Probe?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed I got the dx-1 on my v3i also its awesome u use it just like a normal probe but the features the v3i gives u with the probé makes it all the better it can anylize just like the bigger coil on the machine itself its one of those gotta have things

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Sunray S-1 on my Sov GT and wouldn't be without it, not that the GT needs it with its good pinpointing. The range is seven inches, like a tiny coil.

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got one on my V3i and its great. Got one for my 5900, but never have tried it. I don't use it all the time, but when I do, it sure comes in handy. Plus its always there on the machine !

shadowcat1971

May 5, 2012
Northern MN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT E series with sunray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one on my XLT. I didn't like it at first but I like it now. Nice that it's attached to the machine.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
******Please read******* IF YOU TAKE ANY ADVICE AT ALL - GET A SUNRAY PROBE - YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY!!!!!

REALLY!!!!!!

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have Sun Ray probes on my DFX, XLT, XL Pro, and M6. The TDI has a Mine Lab probe, but that doesn't function anything like a pin pointer. I do not have probes on my Surf PI, BHID 300, or BHID 950 for obvious reasons. I also do not have a probe on my blue box Coinmaster 6000/Di because I need a reason to justify owning my Garrett pin pointer. ;)

KY PI

Sep 19, 2011
Northeastern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT PRO
I have one on my MXT PRO and love it! I don't think I get as much depth as you guys but I get all I need.....never really measured to see how far it went.

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger
I just moved my DX-1 from my DFX to the V3i (provisionally, until I buy another DX-1 in a few weeks).

These probes are outSTANDing! Once you've started to dig, they let you 'stay in the hole' and find the target--while seeing the VDI # on the detector display.
Nobody who's used a DX-1 would ever go back to a hand-held.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
A word of caution,watch any undue pressure you put on the strain relief at the probe,them are some small wires in there and they will break,87.50 repair out of warranty.

How would I know that? :laughing7:

I use one on my M-6 and I love it!

God Bless

Chris

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just moved my DX-1 from my DFX to the V3i (provisionally, until I buy another DX-1 in a few weeks).

These probes are outSTANDing! Once you've started to dig, they let you 'stay in the hole' and find the target--while seeing the VDI # on the detector display.
Nobody who's used a DX-1 would ever go back to a hand-held.

Never had the dfx but I do have the dx-1 on my v3i & the anylizing of the probé is outstanding

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've only recently took notice of the Sunray Probes. I like the fact they give an indication of what your target is by using your detectors id. That's a great help when you get an iffy signal and when you finally probe with the pinpointer you will get a better idea of what the target is. No other pinpointer can do that! So how much more power from your detectors battery life does it use? Is the probe itself weatherproof? Any problems with it? Just curious.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I've only recently took notice of the Sunray Probes. I like the fact they give an indication of what your target is by using your detectors id. That's a great help when you get an iffy signal and when you finally probe with the pinpointer you will get a better idea of what the target is. No other pinpointer can do that! So how much more power from your detectors battery life does it use? Is the probe itself weatherproof? Any problems with it? Just curious.

A coil by itself,uses what your main coil does,completely waterproof,

see post 12.

JBM

Nov 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were good in their day and still function well.

They were overtaken by Uni probe, especially the pocket version.

In more recent years nearly all UK detectorists use Garrett probes.:icon_thumright: Jerry.

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dfx came with one, I hated it, went with the dfx when I sold. Added weight I didn`t like and I didn`t like the size of the probe. Each to his own though, I prefer the Garrett propointer, my opinion only here.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one on my xlt and loved it so much i put one on my vx3. The problem i have seen with the hand held probes that guys/gals have left them behind or forgot them behind.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I to loved having mine on my v3i was a great tool to anylize what was in a hole or somewhere I couldn't get the detector coil,& ya not forgetting it on the ground big plus

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doesn't switching to probe mess up your ground balance? I think that and the additional weight has prevented me from getting one (or two).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread