anyone used the new pro pointer yet?

tibortt

Greenie
Mar 11, 2015
Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 10", X-Terra 705, 3 Khz, 7.5 Khz, 18.75 Khz, Digger.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I do have a great one! Try Makro Pointer from Makro Detector. Awesome!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
No i was going to get one but i have the first Garrett Pro Pointer that Garrett put out ..I got it when they first came out never had any problems with it and do not hunt in the rain . And only fresh water hunt and never us a pin pointer on a beach .... So i will not get one until the one i have breaks down..

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had mine for a few months and love it....

OP
OP
H

hunterbill

Sep 26, 2012
AK,S.OR,N.Cal
Detector(s) used
MD-20,GMT,Gold Bug pro, Sluice, Dredge, Eyes, ATX, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dose the new pro pointer really do well on small gold pickers? Most pin pointers don't even come close. How about that Makro pointer?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure with the AT. I don't do small Gold. It is very sensitive though...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett's New Pro Pointer AT. Filling a void in the market for sure. Hope to see some compitition from other makers. Any one have one yet?
What void is that?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would guess he means a water-proof pointer...although not technically a void since Makro makes a similar product.
VibraProbe has been making them for years and has an excellent product.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Garett just not the new Garrett Carrot. I water proofed the old one.

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both and I like the Makro because you can turn down the sensitivity when your in the hole and not sure if its on the side or not. Turning it down makes it easier to find your target.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the propointer doesn't last past warranty, what makes you guys think the Pro Pointer AT will?

Because the hundred or so issues you see in forums are the people venting. The other few hundred thousand sold are working perfectly and without issue well past the warranty. Nobody posts about that.

When there are issues I see replies such as....."contact Garrett, they will take care of it". Sounds like a great company who stands behind their product.

Recently sent me a new foam handle for a Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger from 2003.....free of charge. Just a phone call. WELL out of warranty. They paid the shipping.

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently sent me a new foam handle for a Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger from 2003.....free of charge. Just a phone call. WELL out of warranty. They paid the shipping.

Garrett is solid for sure. I accidentally damaged my Pro-Pointer holster, and while asking how I could buy a new one and explaining what I did, the service rep insisted that she send me out a new one for free, even though it was my fault.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have both and I like the Makro because you can turn down the sensitivity when your in the hole and not sure if its on the side or not. Turning it down makes it easier to find your target.

All you have to do is tap the button on the carrot and it will rachet down the sensitivity as low as you want when your near a target.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A couple weeks ago I had to the pleasure to hunt with Rusty from Garrett Customer Service at the Diggin in Virginia hunt and I got to see the new AT in action. I was very impressed with it. Not only is it waterproof but also has settings for sensitivity and has a setting in case you lay it down and walk off as it will beep. I am sure many of us have laid down our pinpointer and walked off and had to go back and look for it. I can not say enough about Garrett and their products. The new AT pro pointer is a winner along with the regular pro pointer and all of their products. And their customer service is top notched.

OP
OP
H

hunterbill

Sep 26, 2012
AK,S.OR,N.Cal
Detector(s) used
MD-20,GMT,Gold Bug pro, Sluice, Dredge, Eyes, ATX, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The void in the market is SENSITIVE pin pointers for prospecting. There is the falcon md-20 @ 300khz. poorly constructed and way too hot for stability. IFF the pro pointer AT is suitable as a prospecting pointer, it would be the only one I know of.

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like Garrett "borrowed" a few features from the TRX?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got the new unit this week, expecting to get it dirty tomorrow... So far, just checking it out of the box, I am very impressed. Alot more sensitive than the original.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions