Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have both the Makro and the Garrett At pointer. The Garrett is easier to use, however, the Makro has greater sensitivity. The Makro, with the buttons on the end make it kind of awkward at times to adjust, or power off. I find the Garrett a time saver over the Makro.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to give up on mine and go back to the garrett and TRX. Me being use to the side buttons made the stop look and try to hit the small on/off button a pain in the rear. sensitivity wise the TRX has it over them all.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Nokta Pointer is the best deal, really. I like the ORANGE-colored coil covers, and the orange-colored battery cap - good for visibility .
The Nokta has TEN sensitivity levels, and similar in price, I believe. Read my review of the probe, elsewhere in this section of the forum.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Eye, what did I do, buy the pointer a week before the upgrades? Mine has 3 sens. settings, and I didn't get snazzy orange covers and caps. That's cool.

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
I use Makro in the last 2 years. Usually in freshwater. I love the sensitivity, the bulit in lamp. I can't turn on now, something wrong but under warranty. I send back i hope the best. I has a PI detector and necessary in gravel conditions.

Riches in Michigan

Sep 10, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Nokta Pointer is very close to being the same as the Makro. I am very pleased with my Nokta so far. Yes, the buttons take some getting used to - but the performance and price are good. Worth taking a look at.

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
I apologize to Macro. The problem with the 9 volt elements is different, some are shorter, something higher. I put a little gumi sheet beetwen lid and the battery. The connectivity now better. Working perfectly!

I use Makro in the last 2 years. Usually in freshwater. I love the sensitivity, the bulit in lamp. I can't turn on now, something wrong but under warranty. I send back i hope the best. I has a PI detector and necessary in gravel conditions.

OP
OP
B

bghok

Greenie
Aug 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a Makro pinpointer and really like it . seems to be built good and looks very high quality.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the Makro and have been very pleased. Tough as nails.
I just ordered a Garrett carrot Friday, just to see what the buzz I'd about. Also needed another one for my 7yr old GS, who is my pointing buddy.
I actually had two Makros, but included one in the sale of an ACE 200.

Besides my $14.00 plastic scoop, a PP is hugely nonseperationistcantdowithoutthingamagiggy.

vicvector

Apr 8, 2020
Shasta Lake CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Nokta Simplex+ with headphones, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love mine. Good bang for the bucks. The buttons are no biggie. You get used to them pretty quick.

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have both...they both have their pros and cons, but I prefer the carrot. Lighter and easier to use...

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both the Makro and the Garrett At pointer. The Garrett is easier to use, however, the Makro has greater sensitivity. The Makro, with the buttons on the end make it kind of awkward at times to adjust, or power off. I find the Garrett a time saver over the Makro.

I agree totally. I have both, and Minelab 35. The Macro has a lot of settings, have to carry instructions since it is complex with the buttons on top. I use my trusty old black Garrett unless I wish to be quiet then I usually opt for the Minelab. The carrot can be silenced, but with three already I don't feel I need another. I also think the Makro is priced as high as it is due to the fancy case and the tip covers which aren't necessary.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread