Anyone want to help work a mine in Nevada for a couple weeks in June?

Claimsites

Jan 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have 4 claims in Nevada I picked up. Abandoned mines. Had an older guy I owned them with and we went out and fooled around with them every summer for a couple weeks. About 1 and 1/2 hrs to 2 hrs from Vegas. We would go in and get the best looking ore and crush it on site and sluice it with a sluice he had that recirculated the water. Sadly he is now at the great gold mine in the sky.

Long story short it was a lot of fun and pretty profitable as well. The least I walked with was 6.3 ounces we split 50/50. His wife didn't want him doing it by himself and now that I have the claims and staked them my wife says the same thing.

What am I looking for? Someone that wants the same deal. 50/50 split for going out and doing the grunt work with me of extracting/ prospecting ore by hand and running it through a crusher and sluice.

What are you responsible for? However you get there and your hotel if you are not local to Vegas / henderson where I will stay. Your own food as well both onsite and in the evenings. Any equipment you may want line safety goggles rope flashlights etc.

I will have a ore crusher and a sluice to run the crushed ore through. I will drive as I always did with him. I have a 4x4 with the offroad package so no issues there.

Pm me if interested.

OP
OP
C

Claimsites

Jan 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dates though not set in stone will be the 14th through the 30th

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have loved to take you up on your offer If only I were nearer to you. :icon_thumleft:

GG~

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How are you getting the ore? Are you working a face or just mucking the floor? Single jacking? Blasting?
Just wondering what level of expertise you're looking for as I may know someone in your area with MSHA cert.

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Claimsites

Jan 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it is not that extensive. We have been mucking the floors working tailings and using some small hand tools (chisels, hammers, etc) to high grade the walls. It is amazing what those guys left behind.

If I get into anything more extensive than that according to the BLM guy I talked to I would have to get permits etc which I have no interest in doing at this time. This for the time being is just a hobby for me that got started because I was the only one crazy enough to go with my buddy. I am a 3 day drive from there.

G.O.Eye

Feb 1, 2014
far south nevada
Detector(s) used
Elite 2200 Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in Laughlin NV, 1 an a half hours from Las Vegas south, if that's the area your in sweet, you got someone locally already know what the gold bearing plus other precious ore metals look like let me know.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread