🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Anyway to date a heel tap?

Silvadollahz

Greenie
Feb 11, 2023
I think this is an iron heel tap that is very corroded, it's perfect size for a boot heel. Is there any way to date this?

Trying to get clues for the property. Found behind a 1950 built farm house where there was some brief civil war troop movement.
Thanks
IMG_20230401_134810942.jpg

OP
OP
S

Silvadollahz

Greenie
Feb 11, 2023
Thanks, I found a US Navy Button about 100 yards away that dates between 1850-1941 so I'm trying to find other stuff to hopefully confirm it could be a civil war button. Although not sure why a US navy button would be 3-4 hrs from the coast in Virginia

Upvote 1

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I found a US Navy Button about 100 yards away that dates between 1850-1941 so I'm trying to find other stuff to hopefully confirm it could be a civil war button. Although not sure why a US navy button would be 3-4 hrs from the coast in Virginia
I've found Navy buttons 3 hrs from the coast of Va , I bet you're not 3 hrs away from a civil war river port . supplies were sometimes brought in by river in those days.
I found mine at a dug in union camp overlooking the port on the potomac river in Stafford Va.

backmark on the button will help date it.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
S

Silvadollahz

Greenie
Feb 11, 2023
I've found Navy buttons 3 hrs from the coast of Va , I bet you're not 3 hrs away from a civil war river port . supplies were sometimes brought in by river in those days.
I found mine at a dug in union camp overlooking the port on the potomac river in Stafford Va.

backmark on the button will help date it.
Thanks for the input, that's a good point. I'm about 45 min from the James River. Unfortunately the back portion of the button is gone and I haven't been able to find it to be able to closely date it. I've looked a lot but will continue to keep an eye open

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread