Apex, Simplex ,and Vanquish 540 depth shootout..Who is King?

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy)
Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vanquish and Simplex for the win!

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Depth Shootout!!

Agree with your no nonsense 540 assessment.
Have a few detectors and have been playing with the vanquish 340. I have given the 540 a short run. Like it a lot.
The 340 seems pretty good value to me and has detecting ability (depth in moderate iron and wet/dry salt ground minerals) about the same as the 540 but with less tid icons.
340 performs well over wet salt beach sand. I have not tried it over black sand. Nifty little detector for not many dollars.

Last edited:

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Excellent video CD.

I picked up a Vanquish 440 for my grandchildren to use and I was impressed. Its capability on our Florida beaches is truly excellent...and at that price point, a real bargain. Once again reinforcing my long held opinion that Minelab is the premier manufacturer of detecting equipment.

Just the view from my foxhole...a view with which I feel Calabash would agree. :icon_thumright:

papa920

Jan 16, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a garrett ace apex and 3 bounty hunter 1 2200 1 lone star and 1 1100 in an air the bounty hunter lone star 9"beat the ace apex 8"when in multi frequency but I tried all frequencies and in the 20 htz the apex was hitting the coins at over 11 inches .. I really wish when people make comparisons the would use the same size coils on all machines nel makes large coils for the apex and the make a world of difference . I was just wondering if anyone else tried the different frequencies with similar results I am not saying the apex is a better machine there is no doubt mine lab makes a great machine and so do others . I just wonder if anyone has tried the different frequencies in the field and what the results were ?

Last edited:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash. Excellent video again ..the 540 truly hits it

Top Member Reactions