Apple Hill

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a frame that I never finished all personal finds one site. I just started putting my days finds in here with no plan and it grew on me. This camp is on the south side of the south fork of the American river around 3000 ft elevation year-round camp paleo to historic .

Attachments

• IMG_5102.JPG
    IMG_5102.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 15

CHUDs

Feb 13, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a frame that I never finished all personal finds one site. I just started putting my days finds in here with no plan and it grew on me. This camp is on the south side of the south fork of the American river around 3000 ft elevation year-round camp paleo to historic .
Have you been hunting that area your whole life? I feel like it’s taken me a decade just to dial in areas to go. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you been hunting that area your whole life? I feel like it’s taken me a decade just to dial in areas to go. Thanks for sharing.
I'm 76 and started around 8 years old close to 50 years in this area and many road trips out in the high desert. I had good friends that shared some great ranches to hunt.

CHUDs

Feb 13, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 76 and started around 8 years old close to 50 years in this area and many road trips out in the high desert. I had good friends that shared some great ranches to hunt.
Awesome! As I’m sure you know, you’ve got an epic collection and I always love seeing your cases. It’s also a great education for me about artifacts found on our area! Thanks!

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
I always like to see the display of hard-earned points (one student to another) personally arranged in a frame.
It’s a rare chance to see a collection reflecting a lifetime of hunting in a specific region.
But yours adds a unique bonus of showing the widest range of time periods I think I’ve ever seen from one multicultural camp.
Absolutely Bewildering.

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always like to see the display of hard-earned points (one student to another) personally arranged in a frame.
It’s a rare chance to see a collection reflecting a lifetime of hunting in a specific region.
But yours adds a unique bonus of showing the widest range of time periods I think I’ve ever seen from one multicultural camp.
Absolutely Bewildering.
Thank you I saved what I could no studies have been done on these particular series of camps or very little. I have more frames not well organized but a way to protect the artifacts. Big gatherings a lot of trading perfect climate and resources the massive oak woodlands in the foothills provided a wealth of food sources.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious about the white one bottom right corner. Is that Scotts bluff/ related point for the area or is it more of a woodland point?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread