Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw something on CNN last night that said they need to raise $47 million by the end of 2009.

OP
OP
S

stefen

Apple's at $238 + change today and climbing at a steadu rate...

OP
OP
S

stefen

stefen said:
Apple's at $238 + change today and climbing at a steady rate...

Within a little over 2 months, Apple stock has moved to $275, a $37 dollar increase in value...

The stock is anticipated to reach $340 by the end of the year, which will indicate a another $65 increase...

USMCLion

Feb 15, 2008
stefen said:
Adventure Wolf said:
My grandfather bought 400 shares of Apple stock when it first went public. Left it to my father when he died. My father cashed it out and retired.

From the 1st public offering, Apple has split 2 for 1 about 11 times...initial offering around a buck...

400 x 11 doublings x $240...you do the math :thumbsup:

1.056 million

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
Check your math again...400 X 11 ~ 2 for i splits X 275 = $11,264,000

1 400 X 2 = 800
2 800 X 2 = 1600
3 1600 x 2 = 3200

and so on until

11 = 4,096,000 Shares X $275 = $11,264,000

Who wooda thunk?

So - as we say over here - Good for a Loan Mate! :laughing7: :headbang:

Mike

Adventure Wolf

Mar 28, 2010
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discover
If you look at apple stock right now. It's price to earnings is a little high, and you should be wary of that before you invest. Microsoft's price to earnings (along with all the other larger tech companies) is much lower.

OP
OP
S

stefen

Although the PE ratio is higher for APPL than MS, this has been long term investment with the stock running at about $284 today with a high of $287.

Many years ago, the standard stock investment policy was to maintain until the PE surpassed 28...its currently at 21+

MS, in my opinion, is a weaker long term investment....have had it in my portfolio but dumped it because of the constant rollercoaster pattern...

OP
OP
S

stefen

Eleven (11) months ago Apple stock was at $208.71...this morning it listed at $285.85, a $77.14 growth...

Not a bad investment...when considering the stock was purchased at $11 / share and with several splits that equates to about $75 : $1 investment ratio.

OP
OP
S

stefen

Ready to break the $300 mark with a high of $299.50 today...PE is at 22.47...

Stock experts speculate it to hit $340 by the end of the year...now its a wait and see mode...

OP
OP
S

stefen

Gee, it hit $325 today...gettin close to the $340 predicted :read2:

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
Gosh, I remember wanting to buy it at $5 a share. One of the big ones that got away!

RL OH

Feb 7, 2007
Stefen, I am with you on Apple. I would resist the urge to cash out and make a bundle. I do believe a 2 for 1 split is in the near future and the people who have held on will benifit the most. I don't know how old you are, but I would look at Apple as your passport to early retirement. I know five people who made a million on GE from the early 90's to the crash. The money was made on the 2 for 1 splits. I always sold too early with a generous profit. Oh well. R.L.

OP
OP
S

stefen

I think it will split either 6 to 1 or 8 to 1...before it reaches $400 / share....

The adjusted price will be between $50 to $70 in order to bring in new blood...typical market strategy...

When and if it splits, watch it rocket and double again within 12 months....

Believe me I could retire tomorrow and have an income equal to my current salary...

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go on the buy and hold. :icon_sunny:
Are you getting indications from AAPL that they intend to split?
Its already 71% owned by funds so while it might pop it won't double on the split alone, but many have lost betting against Mr. Jobs.
Do you supplement your profits by selling covered calls? AAPL is a good one to do that with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread