Apple Stock

OP
OP
S

stefen

calisdad said:
Way to go on the buy and hold. :icon_sunny:
Are you getting indications from AAPL that they intend to split?
Its already 71% owned by funds so while it might pop it won't double on the split alone, but many have lost betting against Mr. Jobs.
Do you supplement your profits by selling covered calls? AAPL is a good one to do that with.

There is speculation in the market that the stock is predicted to split...Although, the APPL Gods don't communicate with me direct.

As to covered calls...if I spent my time speculating in the daily market, I might attempt this risk...a lot of work to show for a small % gain...

OP
OP
S

stefen

Even though the stock market is in the dumper due to the Yahoo fiasco, Apple has moved close to $400 (about a $40 gain) in the last week... :thumbsup:

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have been making a "comfortable living" and have $11+ mil in stock, why would you NOT retire???
I just don't get the whole "it's never enough" deal I guess?? Good for you though.. My first wife wouldn't let me invest in Apple back in the 80's... :-(

OP
OP
S

stefen

Silver Surfer said:
If you have been making a "comfortable living" and have $11+ mil in stock, why would you NOT retire???
I just don't get the whole "it's never enough" deal I guess?? Good for you though.. My first wife wouldn't let me invest in Apple back in the 80's... :-(

I only wish...

The $11 mil pertains to ADVENTURES WOLF'S fathers potential portfolio...had he not sold out early in the game...

If I had $11 mil in stock I'd be gone :thumbsup:

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't really pointing you out Stefen. I have known a lot of people including my own father who fit that scenario.... Enough is just never enough...

OP
OP
S

stefen

Today aapl is trading just under $480 per share and Market Analyst are predicting $600+...

Its up $80 from January 1st...

Attachments

• APPLE LOGO.jpg
    APPLE LOGO.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 289
OP
OP
S

stefen

stefen said:
Today aapl is trading just under $480 per share and Market Analyst are predicting $600+...

Today, one week later the stock hit $526.29 or an increase of $46+ in 7 days...

OP
OP
S

stefen

stefen said:
stefen said:

Today, one week later the stock hit $526.29 or an increase of $46+ in 7 days...

Almost a month later we are seeing close to $570 due to the new iPad 3

OP
OP
S

stefen

Today (a day later than yesterday), the stock increased another $25 per share... :coffee2:

Thats almost a $200 jump in a little under 10 weeks...

beervestor

Jan 23, 2012
San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya i got in at 536$ a share lol only got 8 shares haha but still makin some nice gains, I wanna hold onto it untill it gets to 1000$ a share which i think it will in the next couple years

OP
OP
S

stefen

Ya i got in at 536$ a share lol only got 8 shares haha but still makin some nice gains, I wanna hold onto it untill it gets to 1000$ a share which i think it will in the next couple years

Gotta start somewhere. Also, an annual dividend of $10.60 will show an additional gain of $85 that wasn't available when you bought your shares...

So far your ahead of the game of any stock on todays market.

Put on your seat belt and wait out the rollercoaster action...

beervestor

Jan 23, 2012
San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gotta start somewhere. Also, an annual dividend of $10.60 will show an additional gain of $85 that wasn't available when you bought your shares...

So far your ahead of the game of any stock on todays market.

Put on your seat belt and wait out the rollercoaster action...

Ya I'm real happy with it, I got into stocks last summer and am obsessed with them, I just turned 23 so i think I'm ahead of the game for sure. Cant wait till apple starts buying back shares also. Just gonna sit back and hold onto them :)

beervestor

Jan 23, 2012
San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen do you see apple splitting any time soon? I heard talk of them maybe splitting 10 to 1 bringing the share price down to 60$ a share. Would get alot more investors for apple. Whats your thoughts on this? I would love it if they did haha so I could ride my 80 shares back up to 600$+ :)

OP
OP
S

stefen

APPL buying back stock is no great deal and the price per share is the same as any sale.

As to a 10:1 split...I have my doubts...historically they have split 2 for 1...and if they split you will have 2 shares worth $300 as opposed to $600 for 1.

Splitting will open the market to investors who can afford buying in a lower market price range...and re-pricing this may actually slow the growth...

beervestor

Jan 23, 2012
San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
APPL buying back stock is no great deal and the price per share is the same as any sale.

As to a 10:1 split...I have my doubts...historically they have split 2 for 1...and if they split you will have 2 shares worth $300 as opposed to $600 for 1.

Splitting will open the market to investors who can afford buying in a lower market price range...and re-pricing this may actually slow the growth...

But when a company buys back shares doesnt it make the other shares outstanding more rare? Because apple would be taking it off the market?

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not intending to beat a dead horse but the shine is really off the Apple. Technically broken down and heading for $400. May even go back to $85.

The reason? Steve Jobs was AAPL. The hit something like 47 out ot 48 earnings expectations now they are missing like a Dennis Rodman airball. Stocks rise for one reason: the expectation of increased earnings. AAPL has lost its Captain and is adrift. Fantastic run while it lasted.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many tech stocks are "bottle rockets". Fly high and them pop. Doubt apple will go to 85 anytime soon given the massive cash balance but the bloom is definitely off the rose.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
calisdad said:
Not intending to beat a dead horse but the shine is really off the Apple. Technically broken down and heading for $400. May even go back to $85.

The reason? Steve Jobs was AAPL. The hit something like 47 out ot 48 earnings expectations now they are missing like a Dennis Rodman airball. Stocks rise for one reason: the expectation of increased earnings. AAPL has lost its Captain and is adrift. Fantastic run while it lasted.

Key to all tech stocks isn't when to buy them, it's when to sell!!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

My 2 cents for what it's worth.....tech stocks in general have high betas/volatility.....you may want to consider QQQ on Nasdaq which is a basket of the biggest tech companies.....that way if one of them misses earnings expectations you don't get slaughtered on the downside....food for thought.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
S

stefen

The roller coaster ride went from a high of $702+ to its current low in the $450 range...that represents a 35% overall loss to all investors...

Steve Jobs must be rolling over in his grave...pardon the pun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread