Aransas County

Third Wave

Aug 12, 2008
I'm reading a book on the history of Aransas County.

I was unaware of just how much military activity occurred there and the many settlements that existed in the area.

Have any of you hunted for Texas (as a country) stuff, Mexican Army, Civil War stuff etc. in this area.

Heck, Ol' Lafitte spent a lot of time in the area.

Any tips on where I might be able to hunt besides Rockport Beach....

Thanks,

Johnny

octoberchild

Dec 7, 2007
I read somewhere that old Lafitte was once caught upon land with some treasure up around (I want to say present day Port Lavaca) the coastal bend and took some readings with his compass where the booty was hastily buried. Something about an oak mott, maybe a little bit futher south. Wher the hell did I read that?

OP
OP
T

Third Wave

Aug 12, 2008
He supposedly amassed a large amount of booty that he buried on the "Blackjacks" - present day Aransas Nat. Wildlife Refuge from what I can gather.

A widow of one of his former men watched him and several men carry the booty in to the oaks, then only Lafitte came out.

Typical of a pirate, eh?

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Third Wave said:
He supposedly amassed a large amount of booty that he buried on the "Blackjacks" - present day Aransas Nat. Wildlife Refuge from what I can gather.

A widow of one of his former men watched him and several men carry the booty in to the oaks, then only Lafitte came out.

Typical of a pirate, eh?

Todays politicians rival what was done by pirates. ;D :wink:

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
Shaw said:
Third Wave said:

Typical of a pirate, eh?

Todays politicians rival what was done by pirates. ;D :wink:

Yep...and it's gonna get worse now!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions