Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Good post Crow, but I have to disagree on the lack of moderation on social media, there is as much moderation on the pages of facebook by page admins as any internet forum.

I belong to many groups on facebook covering topics such as music, dogs (boxers), parrots, cars, sports, politics as well as artifacts and see posts and threads removed all the time by page admins, and theeeeeeen there is the hand of big brother, AKA Facebook police who try to silence half the country by putting them in the notorious Facebook jail.

I have spent much time in FB jail, months infact for things like posting stick cartoon about the NFL, posting historical quote made by hitler, explaining a joke someone else posted to someone who did not understand it, I have been put in FB jail for posts that I made 5 to 7 years earlier by FB police of today that violated no FB rules at time posted but 7 years later I am notified it violates the notorious "community standards" and I can not post for 30 days. Picture a TNet moderator giving a timeout for something a member posted 7 years ago.

Gidday Treasure_Hunter

I can only go on what others say about Facebook. I never joined when it first became the rage I resisted as I did feel the need to do so but Facebook kept sending me unsolicited emails to join. When in conversation with others They was amazed I had not signed up like if i had committed a crime or some thing.

So I dare say your most likely correct in that matter.

Crow

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday BC1969

Yeah Yeah Ya got me! I meant Libel.:laughing7:

I plead guilty for my tardiness it was 2 am typing typo distracted by a 3 week old baby daughter who has a decent set of lungs on her. A hyper active 5 year old Son that will not sleep, a tired and grumpy wife and parent with dementia who is going through a second childhood. To really screw with me we are in lock down due to a covid outbreak.

So now amigo ya begin to understand why I am called a raggedy old crow.:laughing7:

Crow

That's a lot to handle!
My hats off to you!

You have me scared a bit.
My wife was told she has early onset dementia.
I expected certain complications, but I didn't know that a dementia patient can revert into a child state of mind.

Thanks for mentioning that!

Mike

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Treasure_Hunter

I can only go on what others say about Facebook. I never joined when it first became the rage I resisted as I did feel the need to do so but Facebook kept sending me unsolicited emails to join. When in conversation with others They was amazed I had not signed up like if i had committed a crime or some thing.

So I dare say your most likely correct in that matter.

Crow

I went on FaceCrap for a bit.
I got robbed twice.
Nope, No, Nyet, Non, Niet, Nein, Never again! :coffee2:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a lot to handle!
My hats off to you!

You have me scared a bit.
My wife was told she has early onset dementia.
I expected certain complications, but I didn't know that a dementia patient can revert into a child state of mind.

Thanks for mentioning that!

Mike

Gidday BC1969

If you have any questions about Dementia please fell free to PM.

Crow

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I check in here once in awhile but spend most of my time on precious metals forums run by foreigners.
There arent as many hurt feelings or fighting and people are free to say what they want without fear of the feelings police.
That seems to be an American phenomenon more than other places.
America is truly getting soft.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got on FB less than a year ago after years of never considering the thought. The only reason I got on was after a friend told me that a fellow that I had only heard and read about was posting historical flasks from his world class collection. I grew weak and had to see what I could never have seen otherwise. For the most part however, I despise it. I must add that folks for the most part on TNet, etc. are more polite and helpful when newbies ask sincere questions about something they found, but FB is full of A-hole wannabe comedians who are always trying to get a laugh at somebody else's expense, and the thing is, they're never funny. A lot to hate about FB, very little to like, but consider the source.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I check in here once in awhile but spend most of my time on precious metals forums run by foreigners.
There arent as many hurt feelings or fighting and people are free to say what they want without fear of the feelings police.

I noticed this with some, mostly out of towners there to soft for the minin.

Last edited:

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My TNET app on my iPhone is not working any longer
It says ? the developer of the app needs to update to the latest version ISO?
Your probably loosing a lot of traffic. How can I fix it? I can not find the app any longer on the Apple store.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To add one more thing, and I hate to say something good about FB, but posting pictures is a breeze compared to what we have to go through here, as many as you want as quickly as you can click on them, with no size limitations. May be a little thing, but it can't help the cause here on Tnet, either.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Gidday Amigo

It not just America amigo.

Crow

Last edited:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree. I pick the Mexicans for my crew when I can. Less crying and they dont ask for money haha.
Most of these white kids have never swung a hammer and have no hustle in them, and they need hours everyday for their internet time.

Not to sounds racist cuz I'm white, they just dont have much to offer.
The lack of competition makes my job easy haha.

Last edited:

Tinhorn2

Jul 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never been in FB & probably won't but many, maybe all of my friends, go there. I mentioned the Court approves record $5 bn fine of Facebook over privacy but they don't care I guess. I think Forums like this are dying and going to FB tho - I hate It-

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
A Penny For Your Thoughts!

I believe as coinage gets devalued or replaced with paper or digital money so goes metal detecting.

Gone are my dream days of metal detecting on Mexican Beaches with a trail of kids following me...as I hit...they dug.

Off I would send them with Pesos in their pockets to get a bottle of ice cold soda pop...and bring me one back to start all over again!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Mexican soda.jpg
    Mexican soda.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 105

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could me wrong, but, I believe that FB is people looking for love in the wrong places.
I enjoy writing daily here on> First Contest. Never ending until Jeff shut off the lights.

Bjork

Jul 26, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the forum. Some threads I've seen be successful in forums that no longer cater to what they were originally intended are. however we can say some are dying but am sure they have just hit a wall and re-edit and they will be back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread