Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Simplex buttons are not "chintzy", flimsy or poorly made. In fact they are very sturdy and in my opinion, hard to push. What was flimsy (hopefully this has been upgraded) was the lower shaft. It would literally flex 1 to 2 inches if I put the coil on the ground and pressed straight down. Otherwise, the Simplex is a very well made detector platform.

OP
OP
Noah_D

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Simplex buttons are not "chintzy", flimsy or poorly made. In fact they are very sturdy and in my opinion, hard to push. What was flimsy (hopefully this has been upgraded) was the lower shaft. It would literally flex 1 to 2 inches if I put the coil on the ground and pressed straight down. Otherwise, the Simplex is a very well made detector platform.
Ok, thanks! That's very reassuring.

BLACKIE555

Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The buttons are very firm to press....If your thumb doesn't ache after a full day of using it then, you are either young or have big meaty thumbs....no offense. I would like buttons that are easier to press however, I wouldn't wish to trade it for durability or water ingress protection.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used the piss outta mine for a year and all is well. I wish I had put a screen protector over the display only though

OP
OP
Noah_D

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys! I was probably going to buy one eventually anyway but it turns out my grandpa gave me a Simplex for Christmas! Merry Christmas everyone!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys! I was probably going to buy one eventually anyway but it turns out my grandpa gave me a Simplex for Christmas! Merry Christmas everyone!

Congratulations Noah! That was an awesome gift from your grandpa. Good luck!

Germanrazor

Jan 7, 2021
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+,
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow what a great gift. I had to gift it to myself! Thank your grandpa and enjoy detecting.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used the piss outta mine for a year and all is well. I wish I had put a screen protector over the display only though

Ya the buttons are tough and still rock solid after a solid season of rough use on this end. I lazily rubbed gunk off the screen many times and hazed it up a little. Whatever, it's more aesthetic than functionally impaired. I used the machine like it didn't cost much, and it treated me better than I treated it.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok being old and hands get some Arthritis I paste rubber buttons on my Simplex's and a different style for my Deus's Here are the ones for my Simplex's

Buttons0.jpg

Buttons1.jpg

Buttons2.jpg

Now these little rubber buttons sure make it a lot easier for me to push the buttons

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I beat the pi$$ outta my Simplex, all good. Well built, dependable, effective

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Okay, I took Gare' advice, and set mine up similar...worked great on my first hunt, since the modification...easy to find the buttons ...! :icon_thumright:

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Exactly the same here. I lazily rubbed gunk off the screen many times, and put a slight haze on it. Not enough to really deter functionality, but it's there. In year two of non stop use everything works fine. Last year the machine was acting goofy after multiple water hunts. I had a lot of screen flickering. It turned out that I had sand etc. between the coil and coil cover. I took it off, cleaned it all, then it went back to working perfectly again. The buttons that where insanely tough to press have eased off to just firm now. I still think that this machine is a ridiculously good deal in metal detecting. I started off years ago with a Garrett ACE 250, which was great fun. But the Simplex is far beyond what I started with. I was dumb as a stump with the Simplex last year, experimenting with settings etc. Now I'm a laser beam in Park 1, v.2.77. Now that I have total confidence in Park 1 (preferred over Park 2 for its tones and depth) as my go to setting, I can experiment more with the machine if so desired. If I want less depth in Park 1 I just drop the sensitivity. I usually run it one or two bars down from max anyway, and drop it more from there sometimes. I still have more to learn about the machine, but it is far more fun now that I am learning it, as with most machines.

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still working good for you ?

OP
OP
Noah_D

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still working good for you ?
Yessir, I haven't had a whole lot of time to detect this year but I did a good amount of field hunting in the Spring and went down to Florida to do some beach hunting and it is still working great.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy folks, I currently just use an ACE 300 and it seems like the Simplex is far superior in almost every way but I just have one concern; are the buttons durable? I like how the ACE 300 has the big thick rubber buttons but from the pictures the Simplex's buttons look kind of chinsy. Thoughts? Thanks!
I have done the same, to my Simplex and my Fisher GBPro. Sure makes a difference in getting what you want on the screen, quickly...! ...without looking at times, too....!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread