Are There Replacement Cushions for the Koss UR-30 Headphones That Really Fit?

califteacher

Sep 30, 2012
Vista, San Diego County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
While I have upgraded to better headphones for my CTX3030, I still have the original Koss UR-30 Headphones as a back-up. The black vinyl covering on the ear cushions is flaking badly (my wife teases me about the black flakes on my ears after using the headphones). I bought a pair of replacement cushions from China, which of course, didn't fit. (I could perhaps hot-glue them into place, but they don't fit like the originals.) I see feedback on these same online offerings saying how nice the cushions fit their CTX3030. So, did I just get a bad apple, or are these Chinese replacement cushions simply bogus? Yeah, I know that I can do better than the UR-30's and that I can buy a new-ish pair for about $40, but I am old and stubborn. If I can get some replacement ear cushions for $10 that fit the UR-30's, I can get some more life out of the headphones. Thanks!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would contact Koss directly at 800-872-5677.

Here's some of their accessories...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got some nice gel pads for my Grey Ghosts through Rugged Radio. Not cheap but seem to be good quality. They list a few different ones, so, maybe one of them will fit the UR-30's.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just got a new CTX3030. Are those headphones for real? They seem way to big for my head and like they are about to fall off. Not important since I am using my Trond headphones with the WM10 and love my Trond headphones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread