SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems this thread is drifting into the verboten politics arena!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not mocking anyone Here, Just my opinion on the so Called Experts .
Yes I respect everyone here .

More then I can say for some !

Did I Call anyone here an EnviroMentalist ?

Show me where I Pointed out a Member and said "Your an EnviroMentalist" Or so & So is an EnviroMentalist"
& I'll Publicly apologize.

i didn't mean you Jeff. I meant ol'kentuck

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, cognitive dissonance. My goodness yes.

I'm curious Ol'Kentuck. If masks are effective at catching droplets that may contain a virus then shouldn't used masks be treated like used hypodermic needles?

Instead I see used masks tossed on the ground in parking lots as if they were used cigarettes. Makes about as much sense as blowing your nose into a rag and then sticking the rag back in your pocket. If people are carrying this virus then the mask the people spit the virus into should be incinerated. Unless you don't beleive in science, then you just stick the virus in your pocket so you can put it on to spread viruses when other people come around.

Cognitive dissonance indeed.

And another thing- when you pull your filthy hanky/mask out of your pocket to put it on your face again do you wash your hands before touching anything else? Even if you did, your pocket is already contaminated along with everything you stuck in your pocket including your hand. Gotta wash your hands every time you touch that mask, gotta wash the pocket it goes into as well because it is all potentially contaminated, and you gotta wash your hands evertime you touch your contaminated pocket. This is how come the garbage in your doctor's office has one of those lids you step on to open. The doctor's garbage goes to the incinerator, which is where your pants should go if you have been sticking contaminated masks into your pants pocket.

You gotta burn your pants man! To protect others. It's science.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i didn't mean you Jeff. I meant ol'kentuck

Oopss :tongue3: can't say I noticed him Mocking anyone Either By My standards So I guess I can finally move on as I wanted to, several Posts ago :laughing7:

Have fun :coffee2:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.... this fake virus
?? I'm not understanding this part.
Ask any of the family members of 950,000 people worldwide who have died if it's fake.

Any of you smokers out there light up in a hospital, church, on a plane or a restaurant anymore?
No?
Why not? (Aside from it being illegal.)

Some of it is simply respect for those around you. Ones you love and those you don't even know.

Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many countries have used them for decades for the flu and other airborne viruses. The world is much bigger then just the US.

Mostly asia, not only for the yearly deadly viruses like swine flu but also chronic air pollution ,,, Were never really necessary in western nations until now.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And another thing- when you pull your filthy hanky/mask out of your pocket to put it on your face again do you wash your hands before touching anything else? Even if you did, your pocket is already contaminated along with everything you stuck in your pocket including your hand. Gotta wash your hands every time you touch that mask, gotta wash the pocket it goes into as well because it is all potentially contaminated, and you gotta wash your hands evertime you touch your contaminated pocket. This is how come the garbage in your doctor's office has one of those lids you step on to open. The doctor's garbage goes to the incinerator, which is where your pants should go if you have been sticking contaminated masks into your pants pocket.

You gotta burn your pants man! To protect others. It's science.

Nailed it!:occasion14:

Folks aren't used to wearing a mask-simple as that.
As humans we're just another primate that love grooming and are always touching our faces-and other parts.
I was watching this old guy sitting in the tractor supply office buying a couple of new tractors.
Every time he spoke he readjusted his mask-see this all the time.

I treat the outside world as wet-warm-contaminated-raw chicken-my hands could be contaminated at anytime touching anything anyone else has been near.
I can wear a mask and never touch the face/mask again until I take it off-then up onto the dashboard of the truck.
clean hands before touching hands-it's an easy.....but most just don't/can't get it.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not mocking anyone Here, Just my opinion on the so Called Experts .
Yes I respect everyone here .

More then I can say for some !

Did I Call anyone here an EnviroMentalist ?

Show me where I Pointed out a Member and said "Your an EnviroMentalist" Or so & So is an EnviroMentalist"
& I'll Publicly apologize.

I guess you didn't directly point out a "member".

So this is totally within the rules then when one can state the following-as it doesn't directly point.

Those religious ones are poor suckers of the biggest scam out there.

Those gun owners are just potential murderers.

Those right wing ones-are wing nuts.

This is called something-not sure
Though this is off topic-my apologies to the OP.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also funny thing I know many people whom had the virus. My next door neighbor his wife and two kids had it. They went on with life saw them in their yard daily no hospitalizations or anything needed. My best friend in Tennessee had it and said it made him tired but wasn't that bad, my friends uncles had it they were fine. Also again I've heard from docs the numbers in cases and deaths are not being handled correctly. I won't say people shouldn't be careful and we should still protect the elderly and at risk. However in most situations if one is worried about the virus or at risk you take the incentive to protect yourself. We all have the power to choose to wear mask and to stay away from those whom you think could make you sick.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also it does confuse me how one could say a mask is better than a vaccine now that smells political to me. A vaccine creates an immune reaction making a virus a non threat. All a mask does is reduce the threat. I do happen to understand the basis of how a virus works and saying a mask is better is completely and utterly ridiculous.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nailed it!:occasion14:

Folks aren't used to wearing a mask-simple as that.
As humans we're just another primate that love grooming and are always touching our faces-and other parts.
I was watching this old guy sitting in the tractor supply office buying a couple of new tractors.
Every time he spoke he readjusted his mask-see this all the time.

I treat the outside world as wet-warm-contaminated-raw chicken-my hands could be contaminated at anytime touching anything anyone else has been near.
I can wear a mask and never touch the face/mask again until I take it off-then up onto the dashboard of the truck.
clean hands before touching hands-it's an easy.....but most just don't/can't get it.

Self Explanatory:

EcgvgMTWoAIkK3y.jpg EchEMIeWoAA9C_U.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any reason to mock a persons belief of an open forum?
I really thought that all had to really play by the rules.
Then again I guess there is the skirting of the written rules.
Highlighting a section to demean one's beliefs

An environmentalist is:
an expert on environmental problems.
any person who advocates or works to protect the air, water, animals, plants, and other natural resources from pollution or its effects.
a person who believes that differences between individuals or groups, especially in moral and intellectual attributes, are predominantly determined by environmental factors, as surroundings, upbringing, or experience (opposed to hereditarian).

Where is it stated that "
Being Born is
Bad for the Environment if you ask them."

Then again one wonders why some mock others-are the reasons- they don't understand-are afraid basically-or is it simple ignorance?

Jeff didnt mock anyone here, you can say there are a lot of idiots in this world or archeologist are thieves and that doesn't violate our rules, you can not say member John Doe is an idiot or several idiots are in this thread.

" DEFAMATION
The purpose of this website is for the friendly exchange of information about metal detecting and treasure hunting. TreasureNet may not be used as a springboard to launch personal attacks of any kind. Use of words such idiot, moron, ******ed, lunatic, ignorant, and other defaming names or language may not be used here when naming or indicating individuals.

Example: There are a lot of idiots in this world might be acceptable. You Mr. John Smiiiith are an idiot, would not be acceptable and may be grounds for an instant and permanent ban. Please understand and respect our need to limit our liabilities, and to maintain a friendly atmosphere."

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
No I don't read Links I think are Propaganda. or common knowledge.
it ain't that Children are too Young for Masks.
my point was they Survive anyway without one .
Or built up immunity.

Don't get Be wrong, I Don't Tell People they Shouldn't wear a Mask or Wash their Hands Continuously If they feel better for it.

I Just want the same respect when I say I Haven't changed my Lifestyle any more then I had to.
to legally avoid arrest. Or thrown out of a Place. if you respect my life, I respect yours .

you have a great one too

I respect ALL life, Jeff.

That's why I wear the mask. :wink:

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
... you can say there are a lot of idiots in this world or archeologist are thieves and that doesn't violate our rules

...The purpose of this website is for the friendly exchange of information

You do realize this is an Oxymoron.....right? :icon_scratch:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
You do realize I quoted the rules set by the owners of TreasureNet.

Oh absolutely, no doubt about it. I've read them and see you post the "Rules" all the time. I also know that moderators are given some leeway to use their own judgement in moderating.

I'm curious though, while I do know the second line is stated there...is the first line actually in the Rules, or is it your 'interpretation' of them?

In other words, if I were to contact the owners and ask them if the the sentiment in the first line was their intention on this forum, would they agree?

I wonder if they ever actually visit this forum, I know they own many others. Would be interesting if they could drop in and clarify for us. I'm positive I am not the only member here curious about the contradiction in the two statements.

How could we arrange that?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh absolutely, no doubt about it. I've read them and see you post the "Rules" all the time. I also know that moderators are given some leeway to use their own judgement in moderating.

I'm curious though, while I do know the second line is stated there...is the first line actually in the Rules, or is it your 'interpretation' of them?

In other words, if I were to contact the owners and ask them if the the sentiment in the first line was their intention on this forum, would they agree?

I wonder if they ever actually visit this forum, I know they own many others. Would be interesting if they could drop in and clarify for us. I'm positive I am not the only member here curious about the contradiction in the two statements.

How could we arrange that?

Do you see any quotes around that line your asking about? No, when I quote rules I use quotes.

What it says is "Example: There are a lot of idiots in this world might be acceptable. You Mr. John Smith are an idiot, would not be acceptable and may be grounds for an instant and permanent ban. Please understand and respect our need to limit our liabilities, and to maintain a friendly atmosphere."

You have any further questions please direct it to a mod via PM per our rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread