850 bytes · Views: 1,407
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 1,386
Upvote 0

jharris473

Greenie
Dec 14, 2005
Hey there, I'm TxGold (James Harris). I've been wanting to get out there in Az for awhile now. I still have family in Glendale (north west phoenix). When are you thinking about doing this? Drop me a line. My email is: [email protected]

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
Howdy Amigo!
I'd surely be interested in heading down to Arizona to do some nugget hunting.
In fact, I hope to be in that area in the spring. As for keeping a location secret,
my usual answer is "I forgot where it is". Reason I can get away with that is most
folks think I'm older than I actually am.

Anyhow, I'd really like to be considered. Contact me at my personal email addy:
[email protected]

Much obliged!
M-Taliesin

coinseeker

Apr 26, 2007
Montana
Detector(s) used
dfx
Hello, I'm a new retireee looking to detect in Arizonna. I can be tight lipped, and can be trusted. If interested send me a reply.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I live near Phoenix and have a drywasher, detector, mining pick, rock hammer, etc. I'm young (30) and can hike like a mountain goat. Let me know. I also have 2 claims in Wickenburg so I'm not looking to rip anyone off.

80ograf

Dec 8, 2008
O'Brien, Oregon
I'm fairly new to AZ. I moved from Oregon to Bullhead City last June and I need some help! I moved here mainly because of the lore of piles of gold. Everyone I talked to said that AZ is the place to be for prospecting. Unfortunately, in all the outings I've taken since last year my grand total of finds is exactly...nothing, not even a speck.

So I need someone to steer me in the right direction and/or a prospecting buddy. Although I plan on making trips to places like Quartzsite and Rich Hill, I'd like to find somewhere within 1-2 hours from BHC where there are known deposits.

I'm an experienced miner but I feel like such a novice here. I have a power sluice, metal detector, various pans and in the process of building a dry washer.

Please help!!

Thanks,

Mark

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mark, join a local club, or join one of the clubs closer to the Stanton/Rich Hill area. It's a good way to get together with people that have similar interests and a passion for the gold.

All the best,

Lanny

Kestral

Feb 25, 2011
Marshall, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Re: Good Arizona Prospecting Sites

I don't understand why anybody would want "old maps" of mining information, so much of the landscape changes, and new areas of exploration are found every year. Most of the old sites have been thoroughly detected/searched...
You want current maps showing exactly where major gold is being dug, right?
I some maps of AZ, with the most current registered gold mines, showing precisely where people are mining gold.
Check them out at : http://www.hubbardmapworks.com
If you know the area you are going too, I can make a map of just that area, showing all BLM/State mining info like leases, landholdings, claims, so you know exactly where you can and cannot prospect.
I'm planning a trip to AZ in the next month too, see you guys there!
Did you find a buddy 49er?

menotomymaps

Jan 23, 2007
U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think using any and all resources is part of good research.

On old maps I see mines and claims which do no show up on today’s BLM maps.
While it is true these spots may have been worked out years ago, there is also the possibility of new stuff being kicked up because, as you just said above “so much of the landscape changes”.

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And, if you had been following my thread where I tell about lost gold near Palmdale, CA, you would realize that old roads disappear and new roads appear. And, consequently, good mining areas are lost. So, it's not at all unusual to have a new map to super-impose on an old map to try to relocate the particular area you're looking for.

Now, if I could only find an old map of the Palmdale area from about 1962........... :laughing7:

Eagle

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
its a very good idea to NEVER go out alone and ALWAYS remember that lose lips sink ships. if you give a club this location, itll be swamped forever untill it gets closed off to you! ive seen it happen before many times!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions