Arizonas Treasure

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arizona's Treasure

I currently have time off from work and decided to catch up on some reading. I read "Searching For Arizona's Buried Treasures" by Ron Quinn. I would have probably never read about one of Ron Quinn's discoveries ("82 lbs") if it wasn't for gollum.

Thank you.

While I was at it, I also read:

"Enigma at Tumacacori" by Gary Oliver.
"Lost Mines & Buried Treasure Along the Old Frontier" by John D. Mitchell
"Campfires Along The Treasure Trial" by Wayne Winters

Soon enough I'll be putting my boots on the ground. Mostly to camp?/hike, but I would love to visit this site of the picture. Given that the location is dangerous due to several factors… I am seeking help with the exact location of the picture. I have plotted a couple of potential locations. If you have any info, I would appreciate the help.

Attachments

• AZ.jpg
    AZ.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 550

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Map of where he found the 82 pounds.

Only thing is you'll have to take me with you to the site I know the area been there many times and I just went down by there this weekend.

You live nearby Tucson?

You are talking about the location of the 82lb (actual I think was 200lb) find that Ron made correct? That's the photo you posted I believe near the drill holes and cross on the rock Aztec numeric system.

Ron just recently published his book I gave Ron's phone number to old Flint Carter of Buffalo Bill's Museum fame and he gave it to his publisher. I attempted to help Ron publish his book years ago and never found one so I told him someday I would find him one. Flint provided that publisher so it all worked out and old Ron has his dying wish for filled.

PM Me if your truly interested I searched out all of Ron's Stories and followed all of his adventures at the sites he was at in the field even went down there with Ron a couple of times. Ron's a nice guy he went with me on many Treasure Hunts for locations of old Stagecoach way stations and other Treasures.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,

Its 82 pounds. The second story was the magazine's idea, not Ron's. There are no drill holes either.

Here is the story that Ron told me:

82 found

he asked me to add his verbal story to the magazine article, and he let me make hi resolution scans of all his pictures.

Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
usernotfound

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got that picture from gollum's website…yes, I am referring to Ron's story.

I do not live near Tucson.

I would love to visit the site and have company, be fore-warned that my schedule revolves around uncle sam's wishes. I will PM you. I would like to speak to Ron, that would be great also.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ever Ron might say they have been trying to tone it down since it happened so they may be claiming less I don't know. Ron's the end of an era and he had a good life we had many good times together. He lost his Brother here recently and he was one of the group. Now he's lost his eye sight so he's not doing much these days.

He's the real deal.

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got that picture from gollum's website…yes, I am referring to Ron's story.

I do not live near Tucson.

I would love to visit the site and have company, be fore-warned that my schedule revolves around uncle sam's wishes. I will PM you. I would like to speak to Ron, that would be great also.

User, Anytime your nearby just get in touch my schedule floats as well. I'm down in that area on many weekends pulling nuggets out of the Los Guijas mountains on many of our local and national GPAA claims.

I can give you Ron's phone number if you like by PM.

Or I can take you there.

He like's visitors.

OP
OP
usernotfound

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
User, Anytime your nearby just get in touch my schedule floats as well. I'm down in that area on many weekends pulling nuggets out of the Los Guijas mountains on many of our local and national GPAA claims.

I can give you Ron's phone number if you like by PM.

Or I can take you there.

He like's visitors.

Sounds great, thank you.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Map of where he found the 82 pounds.

Only thing is you'll have to take me with you to the site I know the area been there many times and I just went down by there this weekend.

You live nearby Tucson?

You are talking about the location of the 82lb (actual I think was 200lb) find that Ron made correct? That's the photo you posted I believe near the drill holes and cross on the rock Aztec numeric system.

Ron just recently published his book I gave Ron's phone number to old Flint Carter of Buffalo Bill's Museum fame and he gave it to his publisher. I attempted to help Ron publish his book years ago and never found one so I told him someday I would find him one. Flint provided that publisher so it all worked out and old Ron has his dying wish for filled.

PM Me if your truly interested I searched out all of Ron's Stories and followed all of his adventures at the sites he was at in the field even went down there with Ron a couple of times. Ron's a nice guy he went with me on many Treasure Hunts for locations of old Stagecoach way stations and other Treasures.

Bill,

The book that you are referring to is " Searching for Arizona's Buried Treasures" ? Or is there another book?

Thank You.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold, He has a few books published that I've heard about. One is about all his treasure hunting with his brother in tents down by Arrivaca, AZ. The others are about little people and fairies something from his Irish upbringing and ironically the Spanish believed in the Gnomes, Fairies and Trolls. I've seen their carvings with those faces.

St. Jerome

Feb 21, 2005
Very interesting. The gnomes and fairy thing. ...but that picture... Huge deposit there. I can tell by looking at it. It has not lost her marbles. As in they are still in the ground there. The metallic kind

eusless

Apr 10, 2016
Arizona, Gold Canyon
Detector(s) used
none yet, new and gathering beta any info helps.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello i am local and will be living in the Gold canyon for the next year. Im new to this making the switch over from extreme outdoor sports to something slightly less dangerous that still feeds my need for adventure and the wilderness. Im green but I'm teachable and bring valuable medical skills and backcoutry skills to any group/ person willing to bring me on board. I'm a certified EMT with several years of trauma experience, technical rope rescue trained as well as swift water, rappelling and assigning skills including anchor systems. I've been backpacking in the supes numerous times. I'm good for labor intensive work that needs to be done. just looking to learn from the more experienced locals and to get out in the field as much as possible. thanks for your time
-J

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions