ARROWHEADS FOUND IN OHIO

wrench

Jan 27, 2009
COVINGTON
Detector(s) used
SHADOW 5 WHITES XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a young guy i work with just started arrow head hunting. and found most of these here in western ohio. he would like to know age, type of indian, and value of these [he's not selling them though i tried] pretty good for 2 weeks of hunting....any info he sure would appreciate it..........thanks wrench ;D thank you for all the replies...i can not beleive he found this after 2 weeks. that one is better than any in my collection...he moved here from Delaware. i thought i was sending him out SNIPE hunting :laughing7:i guess i was wrong....thanks again for all the replies i can't wait to show him all the replies,his head is goin to be bigger :notworthy:i don't think i'll take him metaldetecting if i do he'll show me up! :icon_thumleft:lol!

Attachments

• 100_4271.jpg
    100_4271.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 3,018
  • 100_4276.jpg
    100_4276.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 3,400
Upvote 0

unitas

Feb 24, 2008
Northern Ohio
The big one is a Dovetail and a fine one at that---The other complete point is an Adena,also pretty nice.The rest are brokes including the slate tip of a celt. The Dove is a fantastic find-good for him!

Values are whatever anyone is willing to pay.I'm not good at pricing, I don't like to buy and sell.

moundbuilder

Dec 19, 2007
Mercersburg, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE White's XL Pro Treasure Mate Pinpointer Nikon
wrench said:
a young guy i work with just started arrow head hunting. and found most of these here in western ohio. he would like to know age, type of indian, and value of these [he's not selling them though i tried] pretty good for 2 weeks of hunting....any info he sure would appreciate it..........thanks wrench ;D

The St. Charles Dovetail knife in the middle is made from Carter Cave flint which outcrops in Kentucky. That's an 8,000-9,000 year old blade. Your friend is lucky, I know people who have surface-hunted for a lifetime (myself included) and have never found as nice of a Dove as that. It resembles a Kentucky point more than one from western Ohio. It's also one of the most reproduced (faked) types but his is the real deal.

P

pickaway

Great finds the dovetail is a nice one those tend to sell for a good bit of cash...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was no snipe hunt. I would love to find a Dove.......

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Yup that Dove is primo. If he comes up with another on par with that one in the next two weeks then he is the luckiest SOB on earth........and I would start tagging along with him. That is a killer Dove made of "top of the food chain" material.........(as a buddy of mine would say).

Chuck

Armyguy159

May 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 8 year old son found this while walking this weekend. Any insight would be appreciated. Found in central ohio 6569B9B2-86DD-4AEF-B895-B537E288B2E3.jpeg

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My 8 year old son found this while walking this weekend. Any insight would be appreciated. Found in central ohio View attachment 1595567

Welcome to TNet. You are best served creating a new thread for your son's find, and putting something in the photo that serves as scale. This is a very old thread. Hopefully someone can help with your questions. It does resemble a crude Dovetail, but better photos would help...

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an outstanding Dovetail. That seems to be in almost perfect shape.

ecompton

Apr 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI at Flint Ridge they have archaeologists that go there and will date your finds check there website for dates

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions