Artifact bird effigies and fetishes

TracyJ

Sep 18, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hunting for artifacts for about a year now, I happen to live on the property where I work and have recently realized that the Natives that were here have just littered this place with stone artifacts not very many points to be had I still haven't found a whole one but I have discovered they had a bird fetish. I've found maybe 5 different style bird effigy most are quite abstract but a few are realistic and very recently I discovered a cash of small carvings very detailed pieces But the cash is literally in the road and have been getting run over for a hundred years also they are coatded in thick calcium deposit most are broken. Also I learned what a hag stone is I've been collecting them as well , my question is about value and demand I guess. My garden is overflowing for I now have a bird infestation problem.. ok I wanted to say I'm a new member today and this is the first time I've mentioned my treasure publicly. I do have pictures and video.
Thanks, TracyJ.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TNet! We would love to see some pics!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post some pictures but dont be surprised to find out they are natural rocks, imagination and Pareidolia can cause people to see thing that are not really there.

Link below are examples.

pareidolia rocks - Bing images

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to T-Net Tracy. I look forward to seeing some of your artifacts. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site and they provide excellent feedback. I hope your finds are exactly what you believe they are, but if the members here attribute your beliefs to pareidolia, don't let it lead to paranoia. If the consensus is that your stones are natural then that is what they are.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Now that you have posted this , expect to be visited by some government entity to recover anything that is covered by the Antiquity's Act or any other government law pertaining to anything along these lines ! BUT GREAT find !

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that you have posted this , expect to be visited by some government entity to recover anything that is covered by the Antiquity's Act or any other government law pertaining to anything along these lines ! BUT GREAT find !
It does not violate the law to keep artifacts you find on your property. With out pictures no one is going to go look for anything either. In Missouri I could recover and keep artifacts from creeks streams and rivers as long as I had land owners permission. Suspect the effigies are more a case of pareidolia than effigies till pictures are posted..

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
if your asking what it is worth... that would be nothing... unless of course you post it on ebay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread