sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dunno, but I sure would've taken it home. Very neat find, regardless of what it is. Hopefully, someone can tell you something for sure. Doesn't look natural to me.

sarahs.stuff

Aug 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it is a small cannon ball. I would suggest calling ahead at museum to find the right person to help identify and set up,an appointment. IDing it should be pretty easy. Without giving away too much information, I would at least give the expert a general area where it was found. Good luck!

Laneybug

Greenie
Sep 7, 2022
There is nothing natural like that in New Mexico. It is definitely man made. The etching around the center looks like it was tied to something.

Laneybug

Greenie
Sep 7, 2022
There is nothing natural like that in New Mexico. It is definitely man made. The etching around the center looks like it was tied to something.
I should say it would not be found naturally in Northern NM anyway. What area was it found. I have never found anything completely round and polished like that in Northern NM.

OP
OP
CrystalEve

CrystalEve

Sep 5, 2022
I should say it would not be found naturally in Northern NM anyway. What area was it found. I have never found anything completely round and polished like that in Northern NM.
I found it near the NM/CO border. I have had a few people tell me that possibly it was made by natives as a game piece.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Laneybug
The ridge around it would make me think it was natural or possibly a fossil. It is soooo hard to tell from a picture though. A game ball will not have a ridge and under a microscope you will see where is was polished with sand.
I do hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread