Artillery Fuse Plug?

May 17, 2018
Downsville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Fisher F-75
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I NEED HELP! Was out relic hunting a couple of days ago and dug this interesting item! I was excited, at first, thinking it was the right size and weight of a artillery fuse plug but.... after looking online and through all my reference books can not find anything close! Size looks similar to a Borman Fuse Plug but has additional recessed holes! The hole in the middle, as you can see in the pics, is off centered and a lot larger than normal! Found the item at a known Civil War battle site in Louisiana! Along with this item, me and my buddy found several round balls, a few minies, grape shot, shrapnel and a J-Hook! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Upvote 22

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's fo you on the Confetrit' converted Artillery Fuse. Very nice piece of CW History right there.

OP
OP
R
May 17, 2018
Downsville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Fisher F-75
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find. I dug my first CW three ringer in 1991 near Mansfield at a place called Chapmans Bayou

Found my first .69 round ball right down the road at Pleasant Hill! Still love relic hunting that area but development has taken some of the Chapman Bayou battlefield! Now..... would love to do some relic hunting in PA but have only visited there a few times! Happy New Year!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks my friend! Always fun to dig a piece of history but this one is going in it's own special case! Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you and yours. A rare piece such as this deserves it's own special place in your display.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rare Confederate find to end the year heck yea man my last hole yesterday was also confederate!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions