At last my sadness is disappearing a new hope

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just yesterday I was watching a YouTube video with Gipsy and all of a sudden she presented the detector she had on the floor on top of the rock near the river bed. On seeing it I said to myself no this can't be I think I am seeing a ghost or a desert mirage. I immediately stop seeing the video and went to the Garrett page. There before my disbelieving eyes, which shot through my body was a welcome chill and I said to myself it was the Goldmaster 24kt those sons of a gun did it! They kept their promise whites is back Holly Torpedo's! Now I can say with reassurance thanks to the Garretts Whites is coming back little by little. All I got to do is wait a little longer and who knows just maybe a new Spectra will be born. better save some cash to be ready for the rebirth of the V3i "LP":happysmiley:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to see their hand digger again, whatever they called it - the best made........!

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I would love to see the V3i reborn.

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately the V3i is likely dead in the water as even Whites was running out of LCDs and processors for it, and they are no longer produced. The Vs days were very limited even in Whites hands. This is why whites stopped making the VX3. They wanted to maximize profit on the last of the inventory.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Since Garrett bought out the rights to Whites, Will Garrett fix any of the older Whites detectors if you have a break down? Or where else can you get an older whites model fixed? Like a surfmaster PI pro or the Dual field.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Something for the beach and shallow water. Not a Dual Field but maybe the Beachhunter.
Yeah I agree. I thought Whites was on the up and up when they brought out the TDI Beach hunter. I was quite excited when they came out with it and so surprised right after they announced they were folding up shop. Another great Whites water machine from Garrett would be nice.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The 24K was and still is a mediocre gold machine. When Whites came out with the 24K, they still had the GMT in their catalog. I couldn't believe that they were trying to convince people to buy a digital piece of junk when they still were selling one of the best VLF gold machines ever made, the GMT. The Fisher Gold Bug II does find smaller gold, but this was really because of the frequency difference between the GMT and the GB II.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't believe that they were trying to convince people to buy a digital piece of junk when they still were selling one of the best VLF gold machines ever made, the GMT.
You do realize that the GMT is also a digital detector. The GMT and the 24K have identical analog front-ends, the 24k has a much faster 32-bit micro whereas the GMT uses an antiquated 8-bit micro. From what I've read, the 24k has better sensitivity and better ground tracking.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You do realize that the GMT is also a digital detector. The GMT and the 24K have identical analog front-ends, the 24k has a much faster 32-bit micro whereas the GMT uses an antiquated 8-bit micro. From what I've read, the 24k has better sensitivity and better ground tracking.
Yes, I know the GMT is digital but Whites attached those better components of the 24k to an interface that took away the adjustability that the GMT has with knobs and switches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread