at max all metal mode in iron????

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how anybody can hunt a nail infested site in AM with that iron audio on. I'd have gave up detecting the first day.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why you turn it off

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have to hear to locate the habitation on old sites... Would have to take 14 advil if I had to listen to that garbage all day..

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted you a video in my Anfibio thread...about AT MAX iron audio on...

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use all metal mode at the park all the time....use the biggest coil i can find, swing as fast as i can and run through the tot lots.......

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lay a nail close to target... say 10 inchs away from it and let me know happens on the AT MAX with disc in discrim mode...your tot lot gold ring just turned into a nail according to that detector...:laughing9:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would i be running it in AM??? If there are very many targets in the ground i will be in disc mode. Is it pick-on-Garrett week? Is Tesoro week over already?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At 10" away, you'd have to be swing pretty fast to miss the good target....

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would i be running it in AM??? If there are very many targets in the ground i will be in disc mode. Is it pick-on-Garrett week? Is Tesoro week over already?

THATS what the garrett fan boys went to screaming when I showed it wasn't that deep in discrim mode (RUN IT ALL METAL) even ole John Edmonton was pushing how deep it is in all metal...Take that up with them....You not familiar with the disc added to the AT MAX in all metal are you??? Why did garrett add it???? Its a useless bells and whistle feature...

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's was my point.. so all guys running using all metal with disc on the AT MAX are missing a ton of targets if there is any iron within 10 inchs of a non ferrous target..The Garrett boys were champion it as some new great feature and as seen in the video its useless for telling ferrous from non ferrous targets.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT Gold is able to turn on the iron audio in all metal mode and adds an iron grunt to ferrous targets....but in my ground all targets past about 6-7 inches have the grunt when turned on. Not that the machine is working like it is suppose to; there is just that much iron in the soil.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have to hear to locate the habitation on old sites... Would have to take 14 advil if I had to listen to that garbage all day..

Heck that's the way it is on most any machine in All Metal. IMO

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

IMHO
You have the GPX for 'Most' all metal situations .

I got an AP Pro last December , I still have never used it , I just have not felt like learning a new Machine & Brand. FWIW

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Off topic some but that is one thing i don't mind about the EQ is the easy on the ears iron audio.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread