** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like battery acid.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some starting to go and they were exactly like that. I think being sealed up inside the machine changes the way the acid acts. I had a small amount of corrosion on the battery holder on the springs luckily it hadn't gotten to the electronics yet.

Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remove my batteries after every use now.

Last edited:

alloy_II

Dec 24, 2021
Probably the electrolyte used in carbon zinc battery its ammonium chloride a water soluble compound that turns white when dried out.

Ammonium chloride is also used as a soldering flux while food grade is used to make licorice.

The zinc chloride battery comprising thin separators, improved seals, and zinc chloride instead of ammonium chloride as electrolyte yields substantially improved performance on heavy-drain applications and less cell leakage. Both types are mainly characterized by low cost, ready availability, and an acceptable performance for many applications.

Screenshot from 2022-01-26 22-33-19.png

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if i was to be I would say a type of Battery Acid. There is no place in the control box that there should be oil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread