AT PRO HAD TO GO BACK TO GARRETT

wayne91101

Jan 26, 2013
Vesta Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO with 8.5X11" COIL AND COVER,Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Garrett PRO Pointer,Lesche digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I havent been on here for a few days due to me having to send my AT PRO back to GARRETT. I was having problems with the pin pointer on the unit, I called Garrett and they thought it might be the coil, So they sent me a new coil I put it on and that didnt solve the prob. I called them back the same day I got the coil and they walked me through a few steps to see if it was just me and it wasnt so I had to send it back. They recieved it on friday and I called them on Monday and they had to go find my unit. I know they have lots going on and I am sure it will be taken care of. And yes they found my unit. I dont know how long I will be without it but I cant waite to get back out there and do some digging. The serial # started with 5304. If any of you have had to send your unit back to Garrett just how long was it before you got it back? So yall go out there and dig up something for me please!:icon_thumright: I hope it wont be long because the weather is looking better and better. So HAPPY HUNTING and think about me while digging.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
What does "having problems with the pin pointer" mean? I have the same starting S/N but haven't a clue what your problem is...more information would be very helpful.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to send mine in last year for a problem that was mainly my fault.
It was a lonely 2-3 week wait.
Garrett fixed it for free.
As far as I am concerned they have great customer service.

OP
OP
wayne91101

wayne91101

Jan 26, 2013
Vesta Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO with 8.5X11" COIL AND COVER,Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Garrett PRO Pointer,Lesche digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pinpointer won't work sometimes an I have to keep pushing the button to get it to work. Then sometimes the indicator bars wont even light up and there will be a loud tone.

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
The pinpointer won't work sometimes an I have to keep pushing the button to get it to work. Then sometimes the indicator bars wont even light up and there will be a loud tone.

I'm not an expert with my AT Pro, but the pinpointing method sounds like you have pushed the button for it more than once and have narrowed the scan down. I do that for a final and precise target location. Not sure how long the memory is for the narrow scan, but I recall having to push the button twice (quickly) to get it back to normal scan.

Working areas where multiple targets are close, the narrow scan for pin pointing helps. However for really trashy areas it still sniffs adjacent targets thus giving goofy readings. A little ball of aluminum foil still fools me. If I spend the time and swing over the target from different angles, the readings will be vastly different. A sign that the target may be trash, but not always. I dig anyway. Good exercise, eh?

Keep us updated on what Garrett says about your detector.

Regards,

M

OP
OP
wayne91101

wayne91101

Jan 26, 2013
Vesta Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the costumer service is great.

OP
OP
wayne91101

wayne91101

Jan 26, 2013
Vesta Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not an expert with my AT Pro, but the pinpointing method sounds like you have pushed the button for it more than once and have narrowed the scan down. I do that for a final and precise target location. Not sure how long the memory is for the narrow scan, but I recall having to push the button twice (quickly) to get it back to normal scan.

Working areas where multiple targets are close, the narrow scan for pin pointing helps. However for really trashy areas it still sniffs adjacent targets thus giving goofy readings. A little ball of aluminum foil still fools me. If I spend the time and swing over the target from different angles, the readings will be vastly different. A sign that the target may be trash, but not always. I dig anyway. Good exercise, eh?

Keep us updated on what Garrett says about your detector.

Regards,

M

I will . Thanks for the advice that is good to know.

OP
OP
wayne91101

wayne91101

Jan 26, 2013
Vesta Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE. Well they had to replace a circuit board inside the AT Pro and it was the put through several test by 3 differant people. The first person ran through the AT Pro to make sure all the work on the board was done right,Then he put it back together and passed it on to the next person then they checked out the opperation to make sure that the problem was fixed and to make sure there was no more problems with the AT Pro once he made sure it was right he passed it on and that person put it through a pressure test to make sure it was sealed up then one more test was done then put back in the box and it is on its way home to me. it will be here on tuesday.

echodog

Oct 29, 2012
My at pro was at Garrett for three weeks. Same type of problem, there was no charge and they shipped it. Good service but yea a few weeks.

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good to know as I just ordered the AT Pro Adventure Pack and it will arrive on Monday. Please keep us updated as I'm sure someday in the future I'll send mine in when I do something stupid/accidental to it. Hope ya'll enjoyed the "likes."

OP
OP
wayne91101

wayne91101

Jan 26, 2013
Vesta Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only 1 week there for mine an I will be hunting on Tuesday I'm excited to be able to get back out and hunt. The weather is getting nice this week it will be in the 70's.

OP
OP
wayne91101

wayne91101

Jan 26, 2013
Vesta Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE Got my AT PRO back and it is working great. Been out hunting and have found more mercury dimes and my first silver quarter. so everything is working just fine. GARRETT is a bunch of great people and they have great costomer service.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Told ya they had great customer service. ;)

Glad everything worked out for ya.

Happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread