AT Pro Problem

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend that has a AT Pro that he bought 6 to 7 Years ago NEW . Now when he turns it on it starts detecting in about 15 minutes the machine stops giving readings and just stops detecting. The machine stays on . We have tried different at pro coils and it is not in the coil.We have tried calling Garrett but the line is always busy. 972-494-1881 . Has anyone else had this issue with a At pro. It has been a GREAT MACHINE !!!!

Thanks in advance for ANY INPUT !!!

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we got ahold of Garrett and they want it sent in. They did not say the reason use it was not working properly . They charged $40 inspection which also included return shipping. Will keep this updaated on this issue

Last edited:

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not know that machine but have you checked all parameters, to include mechanical connections, regarding power?

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had mine around that long and had to have it sent in to be fixed. Wasn't expensive and they updated my machine chip. What happened with mine was moisture had made it's way into it and messed it up. Mine would act sporadic then just not work kind of like what you're explaining. So could of been a similar issue.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend called my last evening. It seems his Coil was getting weak and his control box inside his case was bad. They put a new control unit inside his old case and a new coil .So it was a new machine inside his old case. They charged him $200 and that included shipping back . He is pretty happy with Garrett for the service and promptness

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me ADD THIS !!!! Garrett Detector repair service DOES NOT GAVE TO TAKE A BACK SEAT TO ANYOTHER COMPANY OUT THERE !!1

ADHD_Outdoors

Mar 31, 2022
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My friend called my last evening. It seems his Coil was getting weak and his control box inside his case was bad. They put a new control unit inside his old case and a new coil .So it was a new machine inside his old case. They charged him $200 and that included shipping back . He is pretty happy with Garrett for the service and promptness
Very similar experience. Very happy customer.

Zoboluski

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I‘m looking to buy a new AT Pro and it sounds like you are all happy with it. Good to hear about their customer support.

ADHD_Outdoors

Mar 31, 2022
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I‘m looking to buy a new AT Pro and it sounds like you are all happy with it. Good to hear about their customer support.

Zoboluski,
Having been out of detecting for about 10 years, doubts had fostered in my head about my AT Pro being good enough or not. Sunday I made a woods hunt (link above) and came away feeling much better about it. I was digging 8-10" signals for small things like old nails and spent .22lr cases.I found fired bullets in the middle of a pine plantation as well. Yesterday I was listening to the Relic Roundup podcast and one of the hosts talked about how much he loved his TWO AT Pros and still uses them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions