AT Pro Scrubbing The Coil Test

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Attachments

• at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 449
  • at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 444

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY
John
I'm glad that you don't have a problem with your detector when scrubbing the ground ....If I did that with mine when I had it , it woud be falsing all over the place .....There is also a video on YouTube ( NOT MINE !) showing another persons AT Pro having problems in exactly the same conditions you are showing , and he could not hunt with it ......I'm not saying that ALL the AT Pro's have problems , but some of them do ....Mine is on it's way back to me as I type, and I will have it on Tuesday ....Bradley Keel at Garrett was VERY gracious , and had UPS come and pick up my detector and the detector was fixed and on it's way back to me in no time at all !!....GREAT customer service and very curtious service ..... My AT Pro was repaired ....I'm not sure what was wrong with it , but evidently there was something wrong as I already knew .....I will know better on Tuesday ..... I mention this because there are valid concerns from people that DO have AT Pro's with problems , and there are others that don't ..... I am happy for those of you who don't have any problems with your AT Pro ....It's a great machine , and will be used a lot by me when it returns .... I lost no hunting time as there is a couple of feet of snow on the ground now ..... I'm glad to say that everything that I heard about Garrett as a company is true !!.... It's good to see a detector that is made in the USA by a company with such a good reputation that continues to back their products 100% , and I applaud them .....Sincerely, Jim

kwdstalker

Jun 11, 2008
edgar nebraska
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500 garrett 250 ace and gti2500
most people would have sent it in when it started acting up instead of posting on several forum that it dont work but keep it for several months and wine about it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
That's the same why mine works ... I took it out scrubbed the ground bumped into brush & snow piles...... put it dowh in the snow about 6 inches run it ......... swinging it back and forth down in the snow...............And not a sound except when it found a coin........... No falseing at all..........

Attachments

• john-charles.jpg
    john-charles.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 451
  • john-charles.jpg
    john-charles.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 447
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 418

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
synthnut said:
John
I'm glad that you don't have a problem with your detector when scrubbing the ground ....If I did that with mine when I had it , it woud be falsing all over the place .....There is also a video on YouTube ( NOT MINE !) showing another persons AT Pro having problems in exactly the same conditions you are showing , and he could not hunt with it ......I'm not saying that ALL the AT Pro's have problems , but some of them do ....Mine is on it's way back to me as I type, and I will have it on Tuesday ....Bradley Keel at Garrett was VERY gracious , and had UPS come and pick up my detector and the detector was fixed and on it's way back to me in no time at all !!....GREAT customer service and very curtious service ..... My AT Pro was repaired ....I'm not sure what was wrong with it , but evidently there was something wrong as I already knew .....I will know better on Tuesday ..... I mention this because there are valid concerns from people that DO have AT Pro's with problems , and there are others that don't ..... I am happy for those of you who don't have any problems with your AT Pro ....It's a great machine , and will be used a lot by me when it returns .... I lost no hunting time as there is a couple of feet of snow on the ground now ..... I'm glad to say that everything that I heard about Garrett as a company is true !!.... It's good to see a detector that is made in the USA by a company with such a good reputation that continues to back their products 100% , and I applaud them .....Sincerely, Jim
Garrett has great service not all detector companys have good service some are really poor in service........... I think we all know what ones have poor service...........

Attachments

• g.jpg
    g.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 410
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 418

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John - No Way

you could never do that with mine..............sounds off on each and every stalk.

i carried it today and it did fine as long as i was above..............mine works fine on the beach and i can scrub it there, but not in the fields..............it will drive u b o n k e r s.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: John - No Way

gravediggermax-vabeachva said:
you could never do that with mine..............sounds off on each and every stalk.

i carried it today and it did fine as long as i was above..............mine works fine on the beach and i can scrub it there, but not in the fields..............it will drive u b o n k e r s.
Sorry gravedigger but mine has no trouble in the fields why don't you send yours in to garrett have it checked out.......... Don't be a scared.........It's not like the service you are used to with your brand...........Garrett fixes them and returns them fast....... And when you get it back you don't have to send it back to Garrett ..................To be fixed again & again & again & again like you know what brand Your brand......................

Attachments

• g.jpg
    g.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 398
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 390

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy - am i just lucky ??

in over 16 years i have only had to send mine in 3 times..............1 Sov Xs had to replace off and on switch.........

1 excal.............same switch.
1 excal.............battery plug replacement and coil change size.
1 excal.............changed coil from 8" to 10"
:icon_pirat:

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY
Perhaps there is a pattern here ......We are mentioning companies that BOTH have a few different models of detectors, and both have a pretty good reputation as having dependable machines, but the machines that seem to give BOTH companies a bit of a problem are both

1) Newer models that have recently come to the market place

2) Both of them are water machines

Maybe quality control ? ....... Maybe harder to build a water machine to work correctly ? ........ Maybe just a bad run ? ......

It's not so bad that ANY machine has a problem ....It's more about how the problem is handled ..... Garrett has handled my situation VERY well ..... and I will know how my AT Pro runs tomorrow when I get it back .... I feel like a kid at Christmas !!....Jim

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
synthnut said:
Perhaps there is a pattern here ......We are mentioning companies that BOTH have a few different models of detectors, and both have a pretty good reputation as having dependable machines, but the machines that seem to give BOTH companies a bit of a problem are both

1) Newer models that have recently come to the market place

2) Both of them are water machines

Maybe quality control ? ....... Maybe harder to build a water machine to work correctly ? ........ Maybe just a bad run ? ......

It's not so bad that ANY machine has a problem ....It's more about how the problem is handled ..... Garrett has handled my situation VERY well ..... and I will know how my AT Pro runs tomorrow when I get it back .... I feel like a kid at Christmas !!....Jim
That is the truth it is more about how the problem is handled'''''..............

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kwdstalker said:
most people would have sent it in when it started acting up instead of posting on several forum that it dont work but keep it for several months and wine about it.
Now let's be nice...he did make several calls to garrett and was told that his machine was acting normal..If that is what the manufacturer told him then the next logical step would be to post on the forums to see if anyone was having issues(which they were). Many companies will not acknowledge a product defect until many complaints come in. Since he bought his machine early he unfortunately was caught up in Garrett's BS.

kwdstalker

Jun 11, 2008
edgar nebraska
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500 garrett 250 ace and gti2500
The-Bone said:
but by his own words as seen here they told him to send it in

[I already talked with Brad online .....He said that the issue was normal .......He did offer to let me send my machine back to Garrett and they would look at it ..... ]

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY
The Bone,
Thanks for including this information .......I appreciate it .....Jim

kwdstalker,
Since we are quoting me , let's complete the quote as it was written ...

" I already talked with Brad online .....He said that the issue was normal .......He did offer to let me send my machine back to Garrett and they would look at it ..... I have talked with numerous people and their machines are exhibitting the same behavior as mine is, but they are still using it ..... I sent an email to Brad indicating that there would be no sense in my sending my machine back to Garrett if they are in agreement that this is normal behavior ....... It is what it is , and will probably continue this way .... You can't fix something that you don't think is broken .....The fact that they consider this as "normal " behavior frankly surprises me ..... "

I later sent the machine in because I did not want to deal with the falsing anymore .....Evidently someone at Garrett saw that there truely WAS an issue with my machine , because I got an email stating that my machine was repaired and I will have it back on Tuesday ..... and as The Bone mentioned, I was told that my problem was normal and I was interested to see how many other people were experiencing the same problem .... I guess misery loves company !!......or at least I found that I was NOT alone with this issue ..... I also heard from people who did NOT have this issue .....This told me right away that I had a problem ..... Hopefully when I fire my AT Pro up and I take it out for a short walk on the beach , I will be pleasantly surprised tomorrow .... I have complete faith in Garrett to have fixed my machine properly ....As I have been told by many, that when Garrett fixes a machine , they fix it right the first time .....I'm counting on that that .....and I have no doubt in my mind that this will be the outcome .... Jim

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY
UPDATE : .......I got my machine back from Garrett as I'm sure you all know ..... I shovelled and area on my lawn and ground balanced my AT Pro in Pro " Free " mode .......I had the sensitivity all the way up ....I waved the coil over my driveway in the air ABOVE my driveway to make sure there were no targets ....I then put the coil on the ground and went to town !!.....I hit every bump and rough ice spots I could on my driveway ...I was running into small ice hills with the side of the coil and hitting as many bumps as I could along the way .....This coil was VIBRATING and bouncing on these bumps ......Here's the kicker !!!......NO NOISE !!!.....NO FALSING !!!.....NO SNAP CRACKLE POP !!!...... I would have NEVER been able to do this with my machine the way it was when I first got it ..... NOW I have a very usable machine and I have no doubt that I will be enjoying this little AT Pro !!...... I'm a happy camper !!..... All is well that ends well !!.... Jim

BTW ...A Special thanks to Bradley Keel who is Customer Service at Garrett ..... He handled this situation in a prompt, and professional manner !!......My hat is off to him !!.....Sincerely, Jim

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
synthnut said:
Here's the kicker !!!......NO NOISE !!!.....NO FALSING !!!.....NO SNAP CRACKLE POP !!!...... I would have NEVER been able to do this with my machine the way it was when I first got it ..... NOW I have a very usable machine and I have no doubt that I will be enjoying this little AT Pro !!...... I'm a happy camper !!..... All is well that ends well !!.... Jim

BTW ...A Special thanks to Bradley Keel who is Customer Service at Garrett ..... He handled this situation in a prompt, and professional manner !!......My hat is off to him !!.....Sincerely, Jim

Hooray! The circle has been completed! There's light at the end of the tunnel! Good things happen to those who wait! I am really glad it worked out well for you Jim. Now we can get back to more detecting. :hello2:

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
synthnut, thats great news :thumbsup: i'll be clearin some snow and swingin mine after the UPS truck comes on monday :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread