big ilse 808

Jan 30, 2013
kohala
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aloha GDA thanks,Ill be doing 3 camp sites this week and ill be sure to post some pics...GDA i dont know if ill be pulling up any carved figurines, but i did get a tip from a local here saying something about immigrants burying coffee cans or mayo jars in the ground with thier coins and jewelry,,Im so pumped to do this, lets see what pops up.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Should do alright on beach. Might have to play with sensitivity. Check out the vids on Garrett site on beach hunting. If you're wanting to hunt beaches exclusively then possibly an Infinium or even a sand shark. I heard about false signals on the ATPro for wet sand, but I heard from others that if you adjust for it it'll do good. Just have to understand how it works in those conditions. I'd get it for combing the beaches myself. It'll take a good amount of time to fully understand how to work the ATPro (100 hrs per Garrett mfr), but it's easy to put together and start right out of the box. Just have to learn which tones to dig. I dig almost all the tones. Depending on how low the number is or what I'm looking for.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one of the first few to come out and it was totally unstable even at low one bar sens out in the boonies. I exchanged it for a new one from Garrett and that one was better but not enough. Then later a friend bought me a new one and this one is great. It is stable, adjusts well and screen locks on targets. I wanted it for water hunting when I just wanted to use something different than my fully water MD's. It is not as sensitive as the Tiger Shark, nor as deep as the Excal or CZ-20, but it is lighter weight. An when your wading the water you use very little disc and don't look at the meter.

NRA.jpg

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. I'm considering upgrading to an AT Pro from my Ace 250. Just wanted to get your guys opinion on the pros and cons and what is the maximum depth can you get? Thanks

Pros-You will find more coins!

Cons-You will be digging deeper!

OP
OP
JmCraz8

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I 100% agree with Diggin-N-Dumps. Std mode is not good, even for beginners. Go whole hog and jump into pro mode from the get-go. Atpro loves small things like shoe eyelets and bits of foil and can slaw, so you gotta watch your notch settings in the trash, unless you enjoy the punishment like me, I run zero iron and zero notch scrim in the trashiest parts of the park, I would not have it any other way. Atpro has excellent stability in iron trash, mine has mopped up more than a few stragglers in trashy areas beat up with every machine made. Atpro has excellent recovery speed and it has very good trash separation ability. You can work the coil pretty fast. At the highest sense settings, atpro has enough sensitivity to become a bit chattery around power lines, which is a good thing. Atpro will not miss a ten inch deep silver or clad quarter. I have recovered deep wheats and silver dimes up to 8" with solid high pitch, but perhaps that is approaching the limits of the machine, I wont know for sure until I get a ten inch deep silver dime, which could happen. John Edmonton showed air test charts on Tnet indicating that the big atpro elliptical concentric has a significant depth advantage over the big dd coil for those wanting that extra inch or two of depth. But for the trash, stick with the dd.

OP
OP
JmCraz8

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love running in pro zero mode!!

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pro mode zero is the way to go. I hunted from the getco in this mode. The At Pro works well in trashy areas too. Love the dam thing to death and its a fricken ring magnet Found 5 rings in a months time of ownership three of them are gold.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trackerman,

you have a full list of detector
I think a head to head test is in order
that would be to cool

thanks liftloop

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll tell ya liftloop the At Pro is nice so is the Dfx the M6 is pretty cool too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread