At what point do you stop digging?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that was good.....I almost spit my beer all over my keyboard...luckily I swallowed it first....lol.

Regards HH

Bill

I usually stop digging just before the sun comes up. That way the homeowners don't catch me in their yard.

OP
OP
bbcamay

bbcamay

Dec 29, 2012
Summerville, SC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahahaha, thanks for the compliments guys!! But like it was said before, I could be a man! :)

Marko0916

May 8, 2012
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Excal.II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug one hole at the beach for about 30 minutes, a very awesome signal, decided to stop as sweat was pouring down my face in 30 degree weather and people passing by thought I was digging my own grave.

Sometimes you just can't get to it. Still bothers me

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jeff,

Your avatar fits your style....Steve Martin the joker....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill,
Who is steve martin? I was just warning that I read that people don't always honestly reveal themselves on the interweb.
Be careful out there

Bill

Bill,
Who is steve martin? I was just warning that I read that people don't always honestly reveal themselves on the interweb.
Be careful out there

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
heres my guess on 'her' name.
bbcamay = big boy california mayan

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill,
Be careful out there

Steve Martin,what a shining example of being human,(sarcastic) I reveal enough to make folks wonder!

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Texas / Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two guys were in this field hard at work. One had a metal detector and every once in a while he would stop, take a shovel full of dirt, turn it up, and then continue on. The other guy would come along behind him and kick the dirt back into the hole. They worked up one side of the field and then the other. An onlooker was amazed at how hard they were working but couldn't understand what they were doing. So he approached the first guy and said, "I'm impressed with the way you guys work together, but why do you dig holes only to have your partner come along and fill them in?"
The hole digger wiped his brow and sighed. "Well I suppose it probably looks odd because we are normally a three-person team. But today the guy with the pin pointer who normally digs out the coins was sick and couldn't make it."

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jeff,

I can handle myself on the web ok....it's when I post on the everything else threads.....I feel like maybe I've gone to another dimension....lol.

p.s. me thinks bbcamay may have a thing for Steve Martin....so be afraid....be very afraid....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill,
Be careful out there

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I dug one hole at the beach for about 30 minutes, a very awesome signal, decided to stop as sweat was pouring down my face in 30 degree weather and people passing by thought I was digging my own grave.

Sometimes you just can't get to it. Still bothers me

Just yesterday I had a strong hit at the beach. PP nothing...stand up swing...hit.... rinse and repeat. Finally filled the hole and the rest of the day I played the "what if I left a pirates booty" game in mind. Ugh.

BB as many have said and as I am new also I have found it is getting easier as I learn my machine and its sounds. There is nothing more gratifying though as digging a plug and when you lift up there it is....ANOTHER PULL TAB!!

HH

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hate digging only to find old wire stems from fake flower planters stuck in the soil....where are all the grieving widows wringing their hands over the graves? It's not going to be long and people are going to get wise that the maintenance people don't work on weekends. But so far carrying around a radio playing a recording of a weedeater has gone very well indeed......I got a gold watch and two gold teeth just this morning. But it takes a couple of hours to dig.....(sorry bill..I's been drinking)
Bbcamay... you are without a doubt, one of the best looking possible dudes I have ever seen. I once dated a man that looked like the guy from spinal tap for six months. I thought SHE was Italian, HE thought I was gay. Luckily we were both gentlemen and willing to wait.....(I repeat...sorry Bill, I've been drinking)

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I hate digging only to find old wire stems from fake flower planters stuck in the soil....where are all the grieving widows wringing their hands over the graves? It's not going to be long and people are going to get wise that the maintenance people don't work on weekends. But so far carrying around a radio playing a recording of a weedeater has gone very well indeed......I got a gold watch and two gold teeth just this morning. But it takes a couple of hours to dig.....(sorry bill..I's been drinking)
Bbcamay... you are without a doubt, one of the best looking possible dudes I have ever seen. I once dated a man that looked like the guy from spinal tap for six months. I thought SHE was Italian, HE thought I was gay. Luckily we were both gentlemen and willing to wait.....(I repeat...sorry Bill, I've been drinking)

Sure your not tokin too? Just askin.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey...I suffer from Cluster Migraines... Cluster headache - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia so it's medicinal. But seriously, I do suffer Cluster Migraines. It is medicinal...but tonight I'm just drinking.... but that has nothing to do with it....sometimes I amaze even myself. (Amaze = amuse, amaze, entertains, shocks and on occasion ...even disgusts..)

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just yesterday I had a strong hit at the beach. PP nothing...stand up swing...hit.... rinse and repeat. Finally filled the hole and the rest of the day I played the "what if I left a pirates booty" game in mind. Ugh.

BB as many have said and as I am new also I have found it is getting easier as I learn my machine and its sounds. There is nothing more gratifying though as digging a plug and when you lift up there it is....ANOTHER PULL TAB!!

HH

Maybe I've been drinkin a lot....but this post just seemed to have a double meaning and it was dirty..............

Plates5

Greenie
Apr 15, 2009
Topsail, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7a Pro
Whites CoinMaster 6000D S2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
302guy said:
I usually stop digging just before the sun comes up. That way the homeowners don't catch me in their yard.

Lol now that's funny.

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey...I suffer from Cluster Migraines... Cluster headache - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia so it's medicinal. But seriously, I do suffer Cluster Migraines. It is medicinal...but tonight I'm just drinking.... but that has nothing to do with it....sometimes I amaze even myself. (Amaze = amuse, amaze, entertains, shocks and on occasion ...even disgusts..)

As you write in jest I am not sure if you are serious, but I too suffered from Cluster Migraines. I began to outgrow them at about age forty and they were gone by the time I was fifty. I hope that is some encouragement to you. For those who do not know, many people who have a headache refer to it as a migrain. Trust me, it is not the same thing. Try to imagine an ice cream brain freeze that lasts hour after hour. Good luck there my friend.

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As you write in jest I am not sure if you are serious, but I too suffered from Cluster Migraines. I began to outgrow them at about age forty and they were gone by the time I was fifty. I hope that is some encouragement to you. For those who do not know, many people who have a headache refer to it as a migrain. Trust me, it is not the same thing. Try to imagine an ice cream brain freeze that lasts hour after hour. Good luck there my friend.

I wouldn't joke about them. I actually have them at a manageable state now. I still only sleep a couple of hours at a time before waking up, but in the past year I have actually started to have dreams again. My doc says that is either a good sign or they are hallucinations....but either way it's sleep right? Nice to meet someone who made it through the dark years.. There aren't many you know.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Griz/302guy,

One of my neigbors suffers from them.....he described it as having someone poking your brain with an icepick.....doesn't sound very pleasant.

Good luck with it.

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread